In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beartooth Bullets

LPD618LPD618 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
[:(!]Anyone out there have any history with Beartooth Bullets ??

Have had several hundred cast bullets or order since May and no bullets yet.

Have called and been told that they are 20 weeks behind and that I could cancel my order if I want. Didn't offer to send the bullets, just cancel the order??

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No experience with them. The cast bullet market might be suffering as the other bullet makers. The current powers of the anti-gun government have covered there basis from top to bottom.

I know this doesn't help with your question, "But" they might be affected by led imports/regulations etc. The little shops are going to get screwed first before the big production shops will.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it's taking the smaller companies more time to recover from the shortage components. I know some guys that shoot the hard cast lead bullets and when they order it's in the several thousand range. With no materials for manufacture it would be easy for back order to get out of control. At least they are not cancelling orders like some companies have done in the past.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LPD618,

Your lead time (no pun intended) is no more unusual and significantly less than some of us have experience with other suppliers of bullets. This has been due to the massive orders put in by individuals and companies in an attempt to achieve a sustainable supply for shooting and selling. Unfortunately, this has put a tremendous strain on all of the manufacturers. I had an order (72,000 bullets) in with one of the best and major target bullet manufacturers for over a year before I received them just a month or so ago. Now that deliveries are starting to take place, many individuals are selling off what they ordered in the panic because they don't need, want or can't afford them.

Lead processing has also taken a step backwards in this country. The article in the link below covers the information fairly and correctly. Please read the whole article.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/02/rumor-check-did-obama-close-a-lead-plant-in-order-to-enact-backdoor-gun-control/

Best.