Precision dies,,,,,,,

forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 20,449 ✭✭✭✭
,,,,,,,,,your recommendation for custom made rifle reloading dies.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This company made me a set of 1-of-a-kind custom dies for a 44 MadMax. Wasn't inexpensive but was a well made die set.

Best Regards - AQH

CH4D
    P.O. Box 889
    711 N. Sandusky St.
    Mt. Vernon, OH 43050
    U.S.A
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What exactly are you looking for? I have friends that used the rougher reamer to cut their sizing die for their wildcat. I think they used an unhardened RCBS blank die, it was a long time ago.

RCBS would at one time make dies with your 3 fired cases as the pattern. They still might.
  • nononsensenononsense Member, Moderator Posts: 10,648 ******
    edited November -1
    forgemonkey,

Forster, Redding and RCBS all make 'custom' dies. I have had Forster make me various individual dies when I needed a variation of a standard cartridge. They will also hone for case body and neck diameters. Excellent folks to work with.

Harrel's will make you a set from fired cases. See their website.

JLC Precision in Iowa (Jim Carstensen) makes excellent dies as well.

The current favorite though is John Whidden as his company makes a very nice set of dies to your specifications or SAAMI. The last set I had made was just about 6 weeks from when they called me to say they were starting a run. Very helpful folks.

Best.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I truly believe that Al Warner of WARNER TOOL makes the best dies on this planet..
  • nononsensenononsense Member, Moderator Posts: 10,648 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:I truly believe that Al Warner of WARNER TOOL makes the best dies on this planet..

And also the very most expensive. More expensive than most of the others combined.

Best.
  • forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 20,449 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you gentlemen,,,,,,,,,gives me something to think 'bout.