In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Playing renegade paintball vs. tournament style?

silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
Commments?

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi

Comments

• 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is paintball?

This is a firearm reloading forum
  • danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you reload a paintball?

danski
  • bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i did shoot a deer with a paintball once. it bucked wildly, but didn't fall dead. i might have to ask the experts whether this is legal or not.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
  • silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this is your covert reloading forum but I got bored and figured I'd post a question and let you guys answer like you did above. Maybe until it says otherwise I will do so on a regular basis[:D]

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not real sure on what "renegade" and "tournament" styles are. If by renegade you mean a privte field vs. a pay to play field, I always set up my own games in a private woods. I have my own chrony for safety and we police ourselves as far as keeping our masks on. We are all just out to have a good time!

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
    edited November -1
    Yeah thats what I mean slash. Used to love to play tourny style and then I got fed up with it and played alot of woodsball but couldn't keep people honest and they wanted to play alot of stupid "no Im not out" junk on you. So now I havent played in about a year but I could sure go for a game right now.

edited November -1
    Tell me about it. I normally try and put a game together about every month or so, but I can't get guys to commit to play or if they do commit, they don't show. I haven't played in about 6 months!![:(!] I like the woods better. I just shoot WAY WAY too much paint playing tournament or speedball. IT"S FUN! Just too expensive for my shooting style!

waco.gif

edited November -1
    Yea speedball was the word I was looking for! Oh and yea slash thats another reason I havent played people dont show. So when someone talks about a date to play no one shows cause everyone figures that nobody will.

• 74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Silver/Slash....

Any recommendations for a good chrony, maybe a handheld one? Son just got into the tournament style...

"In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
    edited November -1
    WOO HOO, another paintball question!! [:D] If he is going to play at a field, they would have one that they will be required to shoot across before playing. If you still want one, check out www.paintballgear.com They have some of the best prices and good sevice. I have bought from them before. I'll look and see if I can find a hand-held and post the site on here. I went ahead and bought a "chrony" brand so that I can use it with my reloads, bow and paintball gun. The hand-held units generally hang from the barrel and can't be used with other things than paintball markers.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductID=eWysFAY7CzYAAAD3kXilA_2y The name is also "actionvillage.com." You can go to field gear and there were two listed. This one is the cheaper of the two.

waco.gif

• 74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. Will check them out.

Wasn't aware that you can get the Chrony and use it for everything. That might still be the better use over all...

"In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
    edited November -1
    My chrony is a folding type that will register arrows, bullets or paintballs. It helped to justify the price to my wife that way! I bought mine at a local paintball shop. Me and my buddies have a blast with it with our bows getting ready for the season!

waco.gif