In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Black powder shotshells?

Has anybody on here loaded shotshells with Black powder? I need to get some togther for a 20 to play cowboy with. I don't really want to use the old style wads, but plan on using a Win waa20f1 wad with about 3/4 or 7/8 oz to make up for the greater bulk of the powder. I figure 50 or so grains of 2f with a STS or AA hull.

any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no idea. But I would bet there has to be a Cowboy actoin shooting forum somewhere or maybe try shotgunworld.com or thefiringline.com that is if you can't get your question answered here.

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.

-- A. J. Liebling
  • Options
    badlandsbutchbadlandsbutch Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For 12 ga. I use 1oz #6 lead shot, 72 grs Goex FFG, Win 209 primers, Win WAA12R wads in Win AA hulls. Measure powder by volumn and compress. Works great in my IGA side by side.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Thanks, i found some info on the SASS website. I thought I would try here at the same time.

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used the plastic promo shells with the paper base wad, soak the hull to soften the BW for removeal (needed for powder space). Win AA-12 wad with fingers removed (again need the space)and 1 1/8 oz of shot (can't remember the exact weight of fffg I used, but it was a 3 dram measure).
    They are also good to give to shell moochers at the range (can I borrow a shell, I seem to be a short[}:)])

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.