In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.22lr competitions

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
I have always liked shooting the .22lr(both pistol and rifle). With the cost of ammo, I have come to enjoy this little round even more. I also would love to start competitively shooting and was wondering if there are competitions out there, specifically for .22 pistols? Any and all info. would be appreciated.[^] Thanks,

Jon

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    hello one stage of a Bulls-eye pistol match is with a 22 90 rounds with both slow fire and timed and rapid fire one handed at 50 and 25 yards. all matches that I know of will let you shoot just the 22 stage. If you live in Va. I run a 22 match every Wednesday at Noon.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Check with your local gun clubs to see what matches they shoot.
    We have a indoor range and shoot a 50ft bullseye league during the winter. We move matches outdoors in warm weather.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    There are many different matches available for shooting small bore, check with the ranges in your area to see what is available. The 3-gun club I shoot with has recently added a 22LR class, Hopefully I'll be shooting that class later in the year. I used to shoot small bore rifle silhouette and small bore pitol silhouette, those are great fun and you can use what ever you have on hand. If you want to pice up speficic equipment to shoot yo could always get into small bore prone, 3 posistion or 4 posistion, it may be expensive to start, but you will learn more about controling a rifle in 1 year shooting 4 posistion than shootin your whole life at the range.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Jon,

One of the most fun "competetions" out there that you can use the .22LR for is International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association (IHMSA). There are quite a few different Small Bore disciplines, from Production to Unlimited and Revolver. You can check it out at www.IHMSA.org or check out the forum that is dedicated to shooting sillywets at www.IHMSA.net. Also, don't worry about not having the "right" equipment. Just bring what you have, shoot it, and more than likely, someone will offer to let you shoot their stuff if you want to try something new.
  • Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pistol silhouette shooting is fun. 22lr makes for cheap practice too. Give it a try.
    JM[^]
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 for metallic silhouettes, when I moved back east I couldn't find a club local that did it but I loved it when I was in Calif.