In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BrassDealer misunderstanding

rcbsmanrcbsman Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
I hope that all who read my comments re: BrassDealer are "listening" It is time for a BIG apology to him and all the forum members who might have read my posting. The brass arrived this morning and is in good shape, I only wished he had answered one of my emails so I would not have"gone off on him" in this forum. Thankfully I did not go to his rep. and "trash it too" but decided to just wait a few more days. Am very glad I dropped the issue with GunBroker.com moniters a couple of days ago. So here I am EATING CROW, AND FORMALLY APOLOGIZING TO BRASSDEALER AND ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO READ THE FORUM, darn that that left a bad taste in my big mouth!!! rcbsman signing off and going to contact BrassDealer and apologize to him in person and leave a good review on his rep. I certainly learned something from this experience and hope all readers learned something also.rcbsman [still with taste of crow in my mouth]

Comments

• Options
    TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rcbsman,

A funny thing happened to me on a deal like this. ...From another forum. I had a mil-spec leather cheek-pad that didn't fit any of my rifles. I got it for cheap. They are worth in the neighborhood of $20-$30(this one was new...post VietNam for sure). Anyhow I come across a guy looking for one. Said he'd pay. Since he lived down near Norfolk, VA I ended up asking what kind of brass he could get, 5.56? .308 7.62x63... Anyways he says he can get me .300 Win Mag brass. I told him I'd send him the cheek-piece for 150 rounds of once fired A-191. Well a few weeks pass and no brass. After I got really mad about it, I decided to 'let it go'. That's a big step for me BTW. Another month passes and no brass. A week later I get an e-mail saying he was sorry and had been in the hospital. He sent me over 350 pieces. Followed by a second box of about the same. I figured I should come out ahead with just 150 if they ran me $.50 apiece for once fired. Even @ $.25 I was ahead. As it is I now have a ton of WCC .300 Win Brass.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sandwarrior and top kick: Thank for your kind remarks, I am trying to contact BrassDealer with my apology but as before he doesn't respond. Know that he "turns out" over a million rounds per year and is probably to busy to mess wwith "small timers like me. rcbsman w/ the "taste of crow" in my mouth.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    You do know that if you are using Gunbroker not direct e-mail it may not work. Actually I'm sure it won't work.

Thought I was being Ignored several times, it was just they never heard from me.

So now I keep trying if all else fails I call them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is rcbsman, and I have finaly made contact with BrassDealer and he had a good reason for not responding to my emails. We made peace and are still good friends despite my big mistake in bad mouthing him on the forum. I certainly learned from this experience and will not make a mistake like that again. Hope all readers of this incident will take it to heart to, and check it out before you judge someone wrongly like I did. If but one person is preparing to "bad mouth" someone and takes the time to look into it farther and wait a bit, before jumping to the wrong conclusion, this whole mess will have been worth while. Sincerely rcbsman