In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

reloading info.30-357 or 32-357

deer140deer140 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
Does any have loading data for 30-357. or 32-357 finaly got dies. but no reloading info.
thanks.
lloyd

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't find either in "Handloaders Guide to Cartridge Conversions". Suggest you contact one of the powder makers for guidance.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're on your own with specific load ideas, but study cartridges with similar case volume AND pressure levels to come up with rough START loads. You might look at the 30 Carbine and 30 Herrett and interpolate and also at the 327 Federal for the larger bore. The 32-20 would have a similar case volume, but lower max pressure - which wouldn't be a bad place to start.

With a simple calculator, you can generate some pretty good estimates with these:

Four general rules influence the end result of cartridge performance:

If case capacity and bore size are constant; the potential velocity varies inversely at one half the percentage change of bullet weight.

If case capacity and bullet weight are constant, the potential velocity varies at one fourth the percentage change of the bore area.

If bore size and bullet weight are constant, the potential velocity varies at one fourth the percentage change of the case capacity.

If all other factors remain the same, peak pressure varies at two to three times the percentage change of velocity. (Double if on a psi scale, and triple if on a CUP.)

All four rules assume that barrel length, bullet type, primer type and powder type remain the same.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • grady mitchellgrady mitchell Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a set of dies listed here on the gb site for the 30/357 search under seller name shady grady