In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reload for 32 auto?

I have the dies and bullets to reload for 32 auto, but wonder if it is worth the effort. I rarely shoot the gun and I'm still working on the first few boxes of ammo I got when I purchased the gun. Is it even worth the time and effort?

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Probably not if you don't shoot it very much.
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 904 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reloading the smaller calibers is tricky & you'll need patience. Powder scales are generally good for plus or minus .1 grain, making your variable a larger percentage of the load as the cartridge gets smaller. That said, I load .25 ACP and .32 ACP, it encourages me to shoot more (factory ammo in those calibers has been scarce in the Minneapolis area for quite some time). Shooting more is always a good idea.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Today you shoot it little. If had the makings I would employ them to make sure all is correct in case later you need to shoot more. When its time to know it is usually to late to learn. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have about a dozen guns in .32 acp and .32 Smith and wesson. A bit of a pain to reload for but on the plus side, only shooting 1.5 gr of powder at a time, it goes a long way.

.32 ACP isn't cheap. If you reload already, for the cost of a set of Lee dies, 1 or 2 boxes of ammo and you break even.

If you already HAVE the dies, no reason not to. I shoot cast lead in mine, making it even cheaper.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Go for it, there is nothing better than shooting your own reload and it quickly pays for itself. I have a Walters PP and it is very accurate and fun to shoot.