In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ultra Dot Rings w/1911

gknaka2gknaka2 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
I have noticed that the rings that came with the unit come loose often. I have blue and red loctite, but don't really want to use it and shouldn't have to.

What rings do you folks use? And do you use more than 2?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I know many people that had to replace the factory rings that come with the ultra dot. . I take it you are mounting on the slide of a Wad Gun. 45ACP. . I had one frame mount Les Baer and Hated the way it felt during recoil. so every gun I have built since has been slide mounted . I use Gilmore scopes . THEY are HEAVY but I like the dot 8 minute .The one on my primary pistol is 32 MM shortly after that Gilmore changed to 35 MM and beefed up their rings. On my pistol with the 32MM I have 3 Rings.box3.JPG. box1.JPGbox5.JPG You can take the ultra dot rings and put double sided scotch tape on scope body and that will hold the rings in place . Ultra dot have both 1" and 30MM but any good quality rings from MIDWAY etc will work . Most people like rings that allow for very low scope to pistol. I suggest a model that has adjustable size dot and give the Bigger dots a try . Unless you are Brian Zines a small dot will drive you crazy if you have ANY tremor at all.
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perry gives good advice. I like low on the gun, and a 3 moa dot, but I use mine for hunting. I use 4 rings on my hand cannons.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Blue loctite, one drop.

Easy fix. ("shouldn't have to", yes you do)