In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

5.56 brass is kicking my

picked up a few thousand a few years ago and spent days sizing trimming primer pocket swage, decided to load them all a few days ago ,

now I'm back to working on another few thousand,

thanks goodness for an electric trimmer with a 3 way cutter.

I MUST HAVE A.D.D NOW DAYS

cant seem to stay with it more then a few hours now days

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, know just what you mean. I have 3 five gallon buckets of 223 brass waiting for processing. I have three operations going-sizing/cleaning, trimming, and swaging primer pockets-so I can rotate to different tasks. That gives my muscles a break and relieves the monotony somewhat. When I really get tired of it, I can prime while watching TV but too much of that makes my hands hurt. Most of the priming I do at a benchmounted tool. Right now, my time isn't worth much so production rate is not an issue but I do like to see the primed, ready to load bucket filling up a little. After all the hassle of the holidays finishes, I'll get some actual loading done. Son got a new 380 ACP so I've got that setup on the loading bench waiting to test run some ammo for him. After I run 7-800 for him, it's time to set up the 223.
  • Options
    CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    a few hundred here and there are relaxing but a few thousand gets to be like a job,

i will prime sometimes while watching the TV as well, then all that is left is powder and bullet==no time at all then.

i hate it when i get range brass mixed up with mine, i like to keep all mine the same oal.

i try to keep range brass in a different bag when I'm picking them up as you don't know what your getting at the time.
  • Options
    skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean. Some days I get 300 done and other days I get 30-50 done. And I realize I need to do something else.

I just had a 5 gallon bucket given to mee[:D]!

Once prepped, its easy on my LnL. I can do 1k a night, that seems easier than prepping 50 once fired brass. Trim, chamfer, debur, remove crimp, clean primer pocket, and measure(not everyone). I think I have dreams of that, or are they nightmares.

After I have prepped the 1st time I shoot several times without prepping. Do you guys do the same?
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do my best to keep my processed brass from my reloads separate from the range brass mess. I use brass catchers on my AR's and that brass gets dumped in a marked container so all it needs is a little clean up and reload.