In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CV-500 Tumbler

Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
I posted about the problem I was having with this tumblers motor and I fixed the problem with out having to replace the motor. The motor has rubber mountings that the bearing run inn and they wore down enough so the internals of the motor touched and heated up and stopped. When the motor heated up the thermo device shut the voltage down to the windings and stopped the motor from burning up and the thermo device seized up. After taking the motor apart and finding the problem I took some GE silicone and using the old rubber motor mounts I molded the missing part of the mount and sealed them into the metal mounting using the bearings as a mold. I did a continuity test on the thermo divice and it was open and then the windings and they were fine. The thermo device was a little more complicated, I had to unwrap the motor, cut the old thermo device out, re solider the new one in place and wrap the windings again. So now I know this shacker inside and out, in the process found a way to put a new motor in the machine if the repaired one goes out again and will be able to give the machine new like again.

Emmett