In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

agelesslink....a new thread

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
To discuss your pistol acquisition further and keep on topic.

If your desire is to learn shooting, become proficient with a pistol and actually be able to hit what you are shooting at; there is no better training than NRA Bullseye shooting.

Perryshooter is an accomplished Champion in NRA Bullseye. There are several threads you can research on first pistols by hitting the search tab in the upper right. The key to accurate pistol shooting is trigger time and proper training to develop muscle memory. A SKILLED pistol shooter with a 22 will trump an inexperienced shooter with a 40 or 45 every time.

The two handguns you are looking at are great guns. If your goal is to buy it, shoot it a few times them put it into your bed side nightstand, either gun will be fine. If your goal is to become a skilled pistol shooter buy a 22 and put 1,000 rounds of good practice down range before buying another pistol......

My .02.

Comments

• AgelesslinkAgelesslink Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry. for getting off topic. it wasnt my intention to come in here and make waves. im sorry if i offended people who shoot .22's.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not offence taken; this is a place to learn from those that have experience in the shooting world. Opinions are just that opinions are free and worth what you pay for them!

What ever course you take be safe and enjoy.
  • dbain99dbain99 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a reason the .22 market is what it is. Cheap ammo for a LOT of practice, their accurate and just plain fun.