In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

150 Accubonds in a .300 Win Mag??

awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
How do they work, and what is your pet load ??
Thanks, Ken

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    never used them in that application, but I will say they work extremely well. I used them in a 7mag in WY a few years back, and even the guide was impressed with the internal damage.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Ken,
    I've always had my best results with 180gr Accubonds in my 300 Win mag. I've shot everything from 150 to 200gr over the last 40 years, in the same rifle. Antelope, caribo, elk, bullwinkle and acouple of deer because that was the gun I had at the time. Overall I beleave the 180gr. works the best. I load 75grs H4831SC over a Winchester WLR primer. You would do best to start at 73gr and work up to that load, checking for presure signs and grouping.
    W.D.
  • Options
    awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Capn.
    I'll be taking your advise next week when the new brass gets here.
    Best. Ken
  • Options
    1988z011988z01 Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used them in the 338 Lapua, and have been very happy with the results. I wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone. I haven't purchased any for the 300 WM yet, but that just gave me a something else to do :)