In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Walther P-22 pistol

woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
I have a Walther P-22 pistol in 22 caliber. I took it to the range today, indoors, and wrung it out. Testing different brands of ammo to see if they cycled the action under competitive conditions. That's for another posting. My question is can I replace the existing 3 1/2 inch barrel with a five inch and where can I get one?

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    At www.waltherpistols.com [;)]
  • Options
    WinMikeWinMike Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And I'm interested in your results. I notice on mine that cartridges with solid plated bullets seem to feed better than lead or plated hollow points. But maybe I haven't shot it enough.

ITM, it sure is a fun gun to mess around with!
  • Options
    woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So far Win Super X, Rem Target, CCI mini mags are the only ones to cycle the action without any jams. Wolf, Gold Medal, thunderbolts, Win Expert hollow point, Fed champion, Aguila, all fail to cycle. Many more to try so I'm not finished. Funny thing, Wolf was the best group but had to cycle by hand. Still going to try Rem HV. Like you said the Super X are copper plated as are the CCI mini mags. Rem target are lead.