In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

7.62x39 reload

I have come across 500 147 grain steel core boat tail bullets for my sks. I have looked all over but can not find the powder charge to load them. If anybody has loaded these or knows a website with a powder chart i would be thankful for the info.

Comments

• Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats a very heavy bullet for an SKS. Hodgdon's 2009 reloading manual has a load for 150 gr soft point .312DIA. H335-27.0gr 2055 fps 36,000 cup. They aslo list a couple of others. P.S. this is not a max load. Hope this helps.[:)]
  • Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3rd edition Metallic Cartridge Reloading has the same load for .311 Dia bullet in 150GR.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    G&A or ST (I forget) did a cartridge of the month on the Russian round a while back. They had bullet yaw/accuracy issues on their targets with 150 gr bullets because the rate-of-twist was too slow. This might be an issue for your 147 grain bullets, because most loads for this round have bullets that are in the 125 grain area and the barrels are rated with a twist reflecting this... but if you're just assembling plinking loads to blast away with and not concerned with A-1 accuracy it won't be such a big deal... Be safe and have fun!