In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The problem with reloading

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
I have many different powders for reloading rifle and pistol, some in eight five and four pound jugs some in one pound containers. One of the reasons we reload is to find accuracy and consistency in our ammo. Finding that can take some experimentation and load development.

Last summer I found that using N-133 and cast gas checked lead bullets in both the 30-06 and the 8mm Mauser was a magic combination. The loads were developed over a chronograph on paper targets, tweaking each load to be JUST under 2,000 FPS, consistent MV and very accurate. With both calibers I can hit a 8X10 steel plate at 200 yards, using cast lead bullets shooting over 100 rounds with no leading. It makes for very inexpensive offhand shooting practice....

Now the problem......I'm out of N-133 and it will be two weeks before I am near a gun store that stocks it!!!! [:D][:D] Oh, the trauma we go through with our sport!

Comments

• reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    I have many different powders for reloading rifle and pistol, some in eight five and four pound jugs some in one pound containers. One of the reasons we reload is to find accuracy and consistency in our ammo. Finding that can take some experimentation and load development.

Last summer I found that using N-133 and cast gas checked lead bullets in both the 30-06 and the 8mm Mauser was a magic combination. The loads were developed over a chronograph on paper targets, tweaking each load to be JUST under 2,000 FPS, consistent MV and very accurate. With both calibers I can hit a 8X10 steel plate at 200 yards, using cast lead bullets shooting over 100 rounds with no leading. It makes for very inexpensive offhand shooting practice....

Now the problem......I'm out of N-133 and it will be two weeks before I am near a gun store that stocks it!!!! [:D][:D] Oh, the trauma we go through with our sport!

poor planning[:D]...shame on you
  • FWAdditFWAddit Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On my Canon printer, a warning light goes on a looong time before the ink actually runs out. If the powder companies would just install that sort of alert on their containers, we could get to the store before the supply dwindled completely away.