In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what are some

good reloading manuals to get ? I have speer and a lee one also a few of the small ones that are for one cal. like 7-08 45acp and so on

the speer is a 1988 one

Comments

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need current manuals, as reloading data does get superseded from time to time. Put the Lyman 49th at the top of your "buy" list, and then get the manual from the maker of the bullet you use most.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    You need current manuals, as reloading data does get superseded from time to time. Put the Lyman 49th at the top of your "buy" list, and then get the manual from the maker of the bullet you use most.

got ya and thanks
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd suggest at least 20 years more current.

I used to have Sierra, Norma, Speer and Hornady ... then repeat, as time advanced.
    Have found that the formats are different and using manuals from differing perspectives seems to give on a better over-all feel for loading for a particular cartridge or chambering. (JMO)
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab

+100
    Only thing I would like to add is check web sites for updates for typos/bad data in manuals. Rare, but it does happen.