In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Personal use reports re: Taurus 3"x3" Judge.

I searched to no avail for 3"x3" Taurus. So here goes. There seems to be little middle-ground with Judge, similar to Glock a few years past: love it or hate it: Glock won. This compact "shorty-shottie" intrigued me, so here is the plan I have: To definitively check patterns / loads from 7-feet out to 50-feet. If 50-feet shows promise, go for ten more, etc. up to failure to pattern at all. Just the facts. I fully believe that a "proper" load is findable for many uses for the Judge. My idea of a "full, packed, crimped" load is an all brass hull, finished to OAL of 2.75, crimped, inches. I plan on loading with brass discs, a la a current shell-maker, but in the longest case.
Alternating OO and OOO amid the discs. No "buck-shot/snake-shot" is anticipated. I will base powder and bullet weights for any slug-loads on my data gleaned from the "shot" loads. I plan on working 9.3x74, rimmed cases into the case I'll use, and perhaps .303 Enfield. My powder weight will be based on charts suited for a 3" pistol, to start. So, is this crazy. Or just too-much-fun-to-catch- your-breath business? Looking forward to your input.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I am not sure what your question is for the board in Ask The Experts. Since it sounds like you are going to be doing a lot of reloading I am going to move this one to the reloading forum.