In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

9mm lead bullets

woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
Zero is a good source for lead bullets. With 125 grain lead round nose bullets the best loads I found were 3.5 grains of Bullseye powder, or 3.7 grains of Unique. The best group was produced with a 147 grain plated hollow point by Ranier and 5.1 grains of Blue Dot powder. I will stick with these loads. For jacketed, Hornady XTP 121 grain hollow points were all in the bull as were Winchester 115 grain Silvertips factory load. These were shot in a Browning High Power.

Comments

• CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I have good luck with Colorado Bullets 125gr RNFP for shooting bowling pins with my 38 Super. I load 5gr Bullseye and a CCI 500 primer.
    W.D.
  • noyljnoylj Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zero swaged bullets cost as much as their jacketed bullets.
    For .45 Auto target shooting, the lead has a benefit, but for 9mm you might as well order much cheaper cast bullets (see MasterCastBullets or Missouri Bullets) or go with the Jacketed bullets. The jacketed will perform the best and are much easier to load properly.
  • torizustorizus Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any thoughts or opinions on Friendswood Bullets in Texas ? The prices and specs (hardcast BHN of 18) seem to be hard to beat if your loading hardcast lead.