In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

6.5x30-30

deer140deer140 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
Hello;
Don't really know where to list this. Has anyone shot or have any info.on a 6.5x30-30? I am thinking about rechambering a 6.5 tcu. Any info. would help.
Thank you
deer 140
Lloyd O'Connor

Comments

• Options
    wtroperwtroper Member Posts: 736 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deer140,

You might goggle the 6.5 Bullberry. If my memory serves me correctly, it is a 6.5 based on the 30-30 brass.

I have no personal experience with it. However, I do have considerable experience with SSK Industries 6.5 JDJ (based on the 225 Win brass). It is an awesome little round that does more than anyone should expect from it.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, nowadays .225 Win brass for the 6.5 JDJ is tough to find, while .30-30 brass for the Bullberry (I've also seen it referred to as the 6.5/.30-30 Improved) is much cheaper and almost everywhere.

Since the 6.5 Thompson/Center-Ugalde is based on the .223 case, you'll have to make some mods to the extractor etc. I don't know how expensive the changeover will be, but based on what guys have said about the Bullberry on silhouettes and Pronghorn antelope, it's as good as the JDJ, which is a dang good one indeed.

Another is the 6.5x50R Bellm, based on an RWS case that's probably even harder to find than the .225
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fred Smith at Bullberry can run any reamer you choose into your 6.5 TCU barrel, and he has almost all but the most arcane on hand. He'll do a simple extractor swap at the same time to convert to rimmed.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    deer140deer140 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello All;
    Your input was helpful. I allready have a6.5 jdj it's great. Like to make up sets that use the same brass after a little work. Just one of thus things.
    Thanks to all
    Lloyd O'connor