In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Brass Prices

Layne12gunLayne12gun Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
I have 47 lbs of brass that has been sitting in my garage for several years. Its mixed rifle, handgun. all reloadable. Can any body tell me what current brass prices are by the pound??

Thanks

Comments

• Layne12gunLayne12gun Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems like brass prices are up but can't get a decent bid on 510 3030 new nickel shells!!! [see reloading supplies] includes 450 plus once fired brass shells and only bid is for one third of price for nickel alone. Simply amazing well still got 3 days to go so who knows, just venting my frustration. This probably doen't belong in the forum,but here is where people go to vent rcbsman
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brass varies by the case type. Midwayusa.com has about every case listed. Common stuff is a lot cheaper that hard to find cases. Most guys I know don't buy used brass except maybe once fired stuff. Ebay still has brass, though shipping usually more than the brass is worth so try and sell it local.
    edited November -1
    All the brass is once fired. all factory .38 .9mm . 357. 30-06 30-30 .40 .45acp .45colt. .380 its all together in a card board box.. just throw it in there every time i come home form the range.. Im not a reloader myself. just need to know what to ask for price as i may take it to the next gun show.. Total weight is 47 lbs.. Thanks Layne12gun
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you going to split it up or not?

Scrap yellow brass is in the 2.20 range this last week.
  • 1988z011988z01 Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can check the auction block for some completed auctions. I reload, but don't have a .40 S&W and my buddy just gave me a * load of brass. What to do? Now I'm trying to legitimize the purchase of a new .40 S&W.
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    depends what all you have i just traded 4k 40sw for 740+ reloading .308 bullets

sometimes a barter is better then scrap
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've you've got single headstamp nickel plated brass for 9mm or .45, I'm interested...I prefer Winchester.
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for the input.. Sold the brass as the last gun show in Ocala Fla last weekend.. got $2.00 per pound for it unsorted.. Im happy and so was the purchaser.. Thanks again for your input..