In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old Remington trap

cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
Remington Expert trap, Chamberlain works, Findley OH. I would suppose parts are hard to find for these ?
Missing the large spring that swings the skeet arm.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Go with the old broken spring to local John Deere dealer There may be a spring used on Z turn mower or other Hay equipment that will work. The parts person if he LIKES you CAN look at springs in his parts SPECS and see what diameter and length is the closest match to the one you need . If you send me a personal EMAIL by double clicking on my user name and send picture of old spring and old traps arm I may be able to help. We will not know how much strength the original spring had so it might throw a bird 5 yards or 500 yards. also try garage door shops.
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Spring was missing when trap was given to me. Being Remington I thought it maybe possible to get a replacement, but these have not been made for a long time apparently.
    Actually beside my modern trap,there is not much difference in length.
    Have a friend that metal fabricates, I'm sure we can find a few springs to come up with something with trial and error.
    If not I will contact you back with e-mail, thanks for helping out.