In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spray lube formula

I finally ran out of my spray lube that I made up years ago. Forget how I made. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    There was a post on guys putting rubbing alcohol in Lee case lube and using it in a spray bottle.
  • Options
    rogerreloaderrogerreloader Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    2- 16 oz bottles of 90% isopropyl alcohol 1-4 oz bottle of pure uncented lanolin. Shake up and pot in pump sprayer.
  • Options
    rogerreloaderrogerreloader Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    2- 16 oz bottles of 90% isopropyl alcohol 1-4 oz bottle of pure uncented lanolin. Shake up and put in pump sprayer.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I find that Lee lube diluted 10:1 with alcohol (water works fine too, takes longer to dry) is about the best lube I've ever used. Yeah, Imperial works better, but it is a little slower to apply, and I think a bit overpriced. For that matter, pure lanolin works about as well as Imperial and is cheaper. I say about. Imperial has its place on my bench for radical case reforming.

The thing I like about Lee lube is it is water based and doesn't contaminate powder, meaning I can tumble, lube, let dry, resize, and load. Then a quick after load tumble (some guys won't do this, I don't have an issue with it) and we're ready to go, and no cleaning flasholes or case neck interiors in between.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Midway stuff is so cheap, I can't imagine the savings would be worth the trouble. If I use theirs and ruin a die, I'll just pack it up and send it back to harley puckerweed for him to fix.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Imperial is till the cheapest of them all, even homebrewed. One tiny tin will last you for a decade or more. This is the first and only tin I've ever had to buy. I have used nothing else since I bought it, it is at least eight years old, and I am not a low-volume reloader.

Judge for yourself.

Imperial005.jpg
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    gravleygravley Member Posts: 79
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone. It was Lee lube and rubbing alcohol that I had made up.
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Imperial is till the cheapest of them all, even homebrewed. One tiny tin will last you for a decade or more. This is the first and only tin I've ever had to buy. I have used nothing else since I bought it, it is at least eight years old, and I am not a low-volume reloader.

Judge for yourself.

Imperial005.jpg

Right on!
    I read about this Imperial on this site sometime ago and got both the sizing and neck lube from Midway and do not use anything else. Could not believe how well both operate. My RCBS stuck case remover is not needed anymore! Ronnis Milsap can reload using this stuff with no problems![;)][:)]

Been expecting Imperial to be removed from the market because seems every time I stumble into something that works great, it banned as bad for the enviroment or the company or item is discontinued![B)][:(]