In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

single shot pistol bullets

joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
What is the difference between single shot bullets ( hornady 7mm 120 gr) and rifle bullets in the 120 grain hornady? Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Generally SSP bullets have a slightly thinner jacket to aid expansion at lower velocities. In the case of the .358 SSP bullets I shoot out of my .35 Remington TC, they are also spire points and have that designation so they aren't used in tubular magazine rifles.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've not used the 7mm bullets but I did use the SSP bullets in a 243 when my kids were starting out. Loaded down to velocities equal to TC Contender barrels, the SSP did well on deer. Even at higher velocities,they seem to hold together better than varmint bullets of similar weight.
    I have a couple of Grandsons coming up to hunting age and was out of this type bullet but was able to find some on an auction and laid in enough to start them out.