In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Squirrel gun

excavmanexcavman Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
I have a 32 cal. muzzle loader, uses a .310 round ball patched. Is there anyone who sells a mimie ball or a mold for same that would fit this rifle?

Comments

• wildthingwildthing Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    buffalo bullet company 12637los nietos road santa fe springs ca. 90670 sells a 70 gr hollow base in 32 cal.
  • SammowrySammowry Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello and Welcome to Gun Broker forum.

A Link to a product on Dixie Gun Works:

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=3628

This is/are the bullets refered to in the above 1st reply.

If I may ask,

Do you have a fast twist barrel? Or slow twist? Or the compromise of 1 in 48?

Are you going to use real black powder?

Or Pyrodex? Or Triple 7?

I'm assuming it is a percussion lock? Or is it a flint?

The reason I ask - at a little gun show last November I saw a .32 caliber percussion rifle, made by Pedersoli. Full stock, 1 in 48 twist, with a 29 inch barrel. Beautiful rifle, but the $400 price tag made me wince and walk away. I too was curious to find out what I could on-line about this caliber/rifle. What I concluded was that patched round ball was going to be just as accurate as the Ball-Ets from Buffalo; shooting at brush bunny and squirrels.

Also in my reasearch on-line, Thompson Center used to make, or sell a Lyman mold in .32 of the Maxi Ball bullet, but that was years ago, and no longer in production. They come up on auction from time to time - but at a price.

I hope this helps you in your quest.

keep your powder dry, and welcome again to the forum.
  • excavmanexcavman Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son-in-law gave me this one, I think it's a Hawkin, if it was a Pedersoli I wouldn't even want to shoot it, don't know the twist. The bag of possible he gave me with the rifle had some minie's in it, looked to be about 120 gr or so. I use 2fg in it, shoots good with patched rb, fun little gun. Thanks for the links guys.

PS - Why are Pedersoli guns so darned expensive? Pretty, granted, but way out of my price range.