In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

savage ML ?

tazz1958tazz1958 Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
just received an e-mail and it shows a savage ml that had blown up. It also goes on to say that a few others have blown up also and says that cabelas quit selling these because of it. Does anyone one know if it is FACT OR FICTION?

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,240 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That happened in Canada last October.
    From looking at the pictures, the barrel blew several inches in front of where the bullet would be, if the gun were loaded properly.
    It makes me think it was a barrel obstruction.

That poor guy had massive damage to his hand.

The only other blown Savage I know of was the rifle owned by Toby Bridges. This happened four years ago.
    Toby was uninjured.
    There are a lot of suspicious circumstances surrounding this explosion, many people, including me, think that Toby blew the gun up on purpose, and pulled the trigger with a 50 foot kite string.

I still hunt with my Savage.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That kind of thing happens will all firearms from time to time if there is a faulty load or barrel obstruction...
    Many time alcohol is involved in these problems. Most are undocumented.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read an article that this was a hoax put out by a disgruntled person wanting to discredit Savage.

Don't know for sure it it is true or not but it would take one helluva load to blow that rifle up like that.

Just saying.

Bode