uberti 1875 remington problems

jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anbybody had any problems with the Uberti 1875 remington revolver 45 Lc.??

Comments

• wolfdog45wolfdog45 Member Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    I own two, and never had a problem out of them. Heavy but accurate, changed the stock springs to lighter ones, made quite a difference in rapid firing at the local cowboy matches.
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you having a problem with one or just looking for reviews before buying one? I had one for awhile and it was fine, just would have rather had 44-40 (see my screen name). I wouldn't hesitate to own one.
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I purchased a new one . It took me a month or two to find some ammo. when I went to fire it ,the hammer would not * with cartridges in the cylinder. I took all the shells out but one. Then the hammer would * as long as the shell was not next to the cylinder prawl.
    For some reason the case is holding the prawl in a position that blocks the hammer from cocking. I had the gun sent back to Uberti in Md. for repairs. I have this fear that I will have more trouble with it. I am looking for reassurance. I love the looks of it and it has a sweet trigger pull. When I shot it one shell at a time it was very accurate. Besides I bought $300.00 worth of ammo for it.
    edited November -1
    Check the primers on the shells, I had one shell I reloaded that the primer wasn't fully seated and it did the same exact thing in my 1875 that it was in.
  • vulturevulture Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you get this problem fixed?
    edited November -1
    So far I haven't gotten the gun back from Uberti.
    edited November -1
    Well, I got the gun back from Uberti. They did a fine job. But --it somehow doesn't seem like the same pistol. If it is they worked on the trigger also. This trigger is better than a S&W. Very light pull, no creep whatsoever. Works great. doesn't look like the same cylinder. Definatly isn't the same cylider prawl. I'm happy.
    edited November -1
    Glad it made it back and is better than before [:)]