In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My Cousin Left Today

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
I thought he was leaving yesterday for the Marines but his parents drove him to Raleigh NC to get on the bus. I talked to Jordans parents Chris and Meody on the way home and they are both upset about him leaving home.

I told him you taught him right from wrong and manners now it is time for him to fly solo.

I thought Jordan was my nephew but he is my cousin.

Hope he likes the Marines.

Comments

• andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    His first day there he should walk up to the Senior Drill Instructor, shake his hand, and proceed to tell him just how wonderful it is to finally be here. That way, the SDI will recognize him throughout basic and provide one on one personal attention. He'll love it. [;)][:D][:D]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Please wish him well for all us folks here at GB.
    Maybe after he gets his orders,he can log in here some time?
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You told them the right thing. Let him become a man now. The USMC will take care of him.
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I left for basic in the 'Corps the Monday after thanksgiving, 1988.

He's gonna be one of the, Us Suckers Missed Christmas.

God bless him, and watch over him on Paris island.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That fine young fella is going to get a callus.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by diver-rig
    I left for basic in the 'Corps the Monday after thanksgiving, 1988.

He's gonna be one of the, Us Suckers Missed Christmas.

God bless him, and watch over him on Paris island.
    That's better than going in July or August and getting heat prostration. [:D]
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    His first day there he should walk up to the Senior Drill Instructor, shake his hand, and proceed to tell him just how wonderful it is to finally be here. That way, the SDI will recognize him throughout basic and provide one on one personal attention. He'll love it. [;)][:D][:D]
    YUP! That's what Gomer did and boy did HE get special attention! "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise" [8D]
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I missed Christmas also. We had 2 people kill themself during basic and 1 guy woke up for revele and kept running and we never saw him again.
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh Jordan was on the cross country track team for 4 years during high school so he can run long distances. I told him 6 months ago to buy some boots and a knapsack and fill the knapsack up and start jogging with it. I told him its going to be harder than he thinks.

When i joined i could run miles with no problem. However i had never worn boots before. It took a lot to get used to running in boots for me.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16

Yep, and all of the DI's at PI are hot women and they'll even wash your back in the shower if you ask them. Just remember to say "Sweetie, yes, sweetie!". [:D]

hqdefault.jpg