In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Old Time Pinball

mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
Could play this pretty good back in the 70s at Bennys in Montgomery, WV as I attended WVIT. Small town College about 25 miles down the Mountain along the River. Some of the Guys & Gals that I went to High School with went to Tech because of the Nursing & Engineering Programs. ME on the other hand wasn't sure then, so now this Spring, I called and talked to a Feller who set ME up with a class to complete my Degree. The Program that I was in then no longer is offered and He found out that I only needed a 3 hour class to get my BA Degree, after a 39 year Spring Break. So ME takes a class called Aviation Stories about the Pioneers of Flight, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Charles Lindbergh and his Wife, Anne, Amelia Earhart on to John Glenn and The Rocket Boys. 1st Online Class with on again-off again Wi-Fi, Phones, Shots, Pills, Therapy and DO WHAT? interruptions, ME managed an I---Incomplete or Incompetent or Ignorant or Idiot but ME takes It again this coming Spring. How ME get on this, back to Pinball: Computer in the Lounge has Old Fashion Pinball but mine has newer versions. How do ME send Good Game to my Computer? Thanks.

Comments

• buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the pinball game you were playing was probably one of those games that come with Windows. Win95 and Win98 had pinball, XP might have it, don't know if Win7 does.

on your computer, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, go to the part about adding windows components, there's check box for Games. check that, click on 'details', should have Pinball, Solitaire. etc.

if you don't have it or can't find it, maybe you can download Win98's pinball.exe off the internet somewhere.

no matter what, I'm sure there are other pinball games you can download and install too. you might find one you like better.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahhh Pinball....I spent many an hour between classes in college playing. The ones you see now are way too cluttered...
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh my.

When people start describing computer games as "Old time" it sure makes some of us feel paleolithic. (Perhaps correctly. I was after all born in the late Holocene Epoch...)

No, sir. Old time pinball was a machine that stood on four legs, had a large flashing backboard with clanging bells - and flipper buttons.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep its sad ain't it....[:(]quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Oh my.

When people start describing computer games as "Old time" it sure makes some of us feel paleolithic. (Perhaps correctly. I was after all born in the late Holocene Epoch...)

No, sir. Old time pinball was a machine that stood on four legs, had a large flashing backboard with clanging bells - and flipper buttons.
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Oh my.

Right there with Ya, Rocky! Spent many Quarters Tempting the "Tilt" Switch!
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    No, sir. Old time pinball was a machine that stood on four legs, had a large flashing backboard with clanging bells - and flipper buttons.that's what I was thinking. prefer a pinball machine to a video game anytime. or a pool table.

anyways, I found out some more about the Windows game. the program was written 'way back then' and put in Win95. each version of Windows since then had it, unchanged. Win98, WinME, Win2000. they just copied it.

when XP came out, it had Pinball too. but that's when they had a problem. the "XP" you are familiar with is 32-bit. they had to re-make XP in a 64-bit version for newer hardware. of course they wanted to include Pinball, but that meant going through the code and translating it to 64-bit along with all the rest.

nobody had looked at it since it went on the Win95 CD.

they couldn't figure out how it worked. [:)]

so they dropped it.

it is on XP 32-bit, but not XP 64-bit, or Vista, or Win7, nor anything else since then.

the good news is that if you can get it, it works on any 32-bit version of Windows. (Vista and Win7 have 32-bit versions, they are quite common.)

just copy the /pinball folder from C:\Program Files\Windows NT\ of the installation disk, to your C:\Program Files\ and you are good to go.
  • mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, that works! Been trying for Months and noworky. Asked people here at the "HOME" who are smart on Putes and they weren't sure. Should have known to ask here 1st. Thanks.quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    Click on this, [;)]

https://www.google.com/search?q=pinball+game&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7WQIB_enUS578&gws_rd=ssl#q=computer+pinball+game