In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Walking Dead finale (Spoiler thread)

Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Oh, how I hated Andrea....

It was fitting that a character whose defining characteristic was saying (and doing) stupid crap died because she did stupid crap (have a long, introspective conversation with a guy who was begging her to free herself and escape) and whose last line was "I know where the safety is" when referring to Rick's Colt Python.

Comments

• Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    What killed me is Milton must have said to her three times,"hurry, you need to get loose and stab me in the head."

And she finally decided to pick up the pliers in her pedicured toes,
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I missed the finale until the very last showing just now...

Sure glad I didn't open this thread when I seen it over an hour ago!
    Thanks for noting (Spoiler Thread)... MUCH Appreciated! [;)]

Boy what a finale that was... WOW!!! [:0]
    edited November -1
    What about Carl?! Holy crap!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Queen of Swords
    What killed me is Milton must have said to her three times,"hurry, you need to get loose and stab me in the head."
    Andrea just sat there... TALKING... While the pliers sat within reach!!!
    What a dunce... Geesh!!!
    edited November -1
    He's turned into a little psychopath I think...
    Yet he makes sense... What's up with that!?!

Why does what he said.... To Rick... Makes sense to me???

Geesh....
    edited November -1
    Rick, or Shane talking?
    edited November -1
    I just seen Andrew LIncoln (Rick Grimes) say that Rick has a renewed purpose...
    To be a father to Carl... And... To bring order out of the chaos...
    He will be the NEW Sheriff in town in season four.

My question is how is the Gov and his two henchman (who obviously don't trust him anymore)...
    Gonna play into season four...
    And then there's Morgan... The crazy guy with ALL THE GUNS AND AMMO...
    He's still on his tangent of "Clearing" the world of the walking dead...
    He could come back on to the scene during season four...
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    What about him he shot the guy but watch the shotgun barrel this idiot is talking and extending the weapon out toward them hand on the stock finger on the trigger. Most people with any sense would have shot him to. Especially if you had been living in what amounts to a combat zone for a couple of years.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The kid with the shotgun was ordered by Hershel to DROP the shotgun, not keep walking toward them and offering to hand it over. I think he was hoping to get close enough to Carl to jump him or shoot him.
    Carl did the right thing given the situation. You don't let an armed opponent keep coming toward you while they are trying to distract you with talking.
    Carl explained it pretty sanely to Rick. In the current situation, there are times where you must kill or risk being killed. If there is any doubt at all, you take the course of action most in YOUR favor, not the other guy's. The responsibility for the death was with the guy with the shotgun who did NOT follow Hershel's order.
    Put the situation in a more familiar setting. You encounter an armed intruder in your house and order him to drop his weapon. Instead of complying he keeps walking toward you and holding out the weapon and telling you to take it. You just know you are being set up. Pull the trigger.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:when referring to Rick's Colt Python.

Then hearing a shell hit the concrete...

Oh yes, a lot of issues with that Carl. He is right under the circumstances and wrong under the "laws" of humanity, Yet, he holds the innocence of a child and sees no grey area. Right is right and wrong is wrong. He has watched adults make the slightest mistake and it has turned around to "bite" them in the *(or neck, or arm, or whole body). He would not compromise. He had experienced the reason of doubt in his world enough.

He was realistic. It was compelling, He doesn't have the experience or ability to give people a "chance". SO he did what he thought best.

bitter sweet!
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drop your weapon is drop your weapon.

Carl did the right thing.

He listened to crazy black guy. He knows how crazy black guy's son died.

He saw his father make a decision on hitchhiker.

Throw Tyresse and sister and stupid white guy out of the prison.

Flip flop on Michone.

Dale dies after Carl played with the walker.

He has listened to his father well and Rick decides to go Compassionate Conservative on the kid.
  • jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    Andrea telling Rick that she knew "where the safety is" was in reference to when they first met. She was holding a gun on Rick but was unaware that the safety was on. Afterwards he pointed it out to her. I don't think that she literally meant that there was a safety on the python. Also I couldn't tell if the noise after the gunshot was supposed to be a shell casing hitting the floor or the python. I did pick up on it though. [;)]
    edited November -1
    Carl has been getting more bitter and angry since the barn incident. He's gone from being a scared little boy to a scared little boy with a bad attitude. Add to that being heavilly influenced by Shane. Rick has been wrapped up in his own grief to even think about providing any sort of moral compass for him. And it's was reenforced when he was given a weapon. He shot another kid (whose name was Noah, BTW), who was running away from a situation he was probably forced by Psychopath Philip to participate in against his will.

This is not going to be pretty...
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not only do I think Carl did the "right thing", I don't see how he had any alternative. Even setting aside the question of whether the kid was trying to surrender or not (I'm inclined to think he was)

The options were to:
    a) Take him prisoner
    b) Let him run off into the woods (either with the gun or without)
    c) Shoot him

"A" wasn't an option. They could have locked him in a cell, but they couldn't spare people to guard him.....or supplies to feed and care for him.

With "B" if you have either the option of a gunman roaming the woods around your camp or you send him into the woods defenseless, which is a virtual death sentence.

"C" was the only choice Carl had......and Rick isn't one who should be passing judgement, given his lack of compassion for the hitchhiker and for Tyrese's group.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Oh, how I hated Andrea....

Yeah I found her irritating...good riddance
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    The kid with the shotgun was ordered by Hershel to DROP the shotgun, not keep walking toward them and offering to hand it over. I think he was hoping to get close enough to Carl to jump him or shoot him.
    Carl did the right thing given the situation. You don't let an armed opponent keep coming toward you while they are trying to distract you with talking.
    Carl explained it pretty sanely to Rick. In the current situation, there are times where you must kill or risk being killed. If there is any doubt at all, you take the course of action most in YOUR favor, not the other guy's. The responsibility for the death was with the guy with the shotgun who did NOT follow Hershel's order.
    Put the situation in a more familiar setting. You encounter an armed intruder in your house and order him to drop his weapon. Instead of complying he keeps walking toward you and holding out the weapon and telling you to take it. You just know you are being set up. Pull the trigger.
    Must be why I somehow understand Carl doing what he did... Even if he's turning into a little psychopath...

The Gov... Was right about what he told Milton...
    "You kill or you die... Or you die and then kill."
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jev1969
    Andrea telling Rick that she knew "where the safety is" was in reference to when they first met. She was holding a gun on Rick but was unaware that the safety was on. Afterwards he pointed it out to her. I don't think that she literally meant that there was a safety on the python. Also I couldn't tell if the noise after the gunshot was supposed to be a shell casing hitting the floor or the python. I did pick up on it though. [;)]

That was what I thought also.....
    edited November -1
    Yeah, the foley guys used a sound that to me sounded just a bit too light and tinny to be realistic as the Python. I suppose some of you Python owners could test the theory by dropping your Python on a concrete floor a few times and listening to find out if it sounds like that. Then come tell the rest of us. [:D]
  • PanzerSlayer2PanzerSlayer2 Member Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you remember the scene in Heartbreak Ridge when the Marines landed on Grenada and they encountered the Cubans on the road? Clint wasted the retreating Cubans without warning. Strictly speaking Carl fooked up not gunning down the retreating attacker on sight.
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say if you're surrendering, you drop the weapon immediately, not keep walking towards someone with you in their sites...[xx(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rkba4ever
    I say if you're surrendering, you drop the weapon immediately, not keep walking towards someone with you in their sites...[xx(]

Especially when you are TOLD to drop your weapon and you fail to do so.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This thread is hilarious!![:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • airbornerizzairbornerizz Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know, out of all the main characters that died, only Shane and Andrea are the only 2 I'm glad to see go. Shane was an a hole, and Andrea was an instigating drama queen. At first, I was against Carl shooting the kid, but many of you pointed out that he really wasn't surrendering. I was shocked though when he did shoot him. But Rick also makes a good point, they are the greater cause, and what is the greater cause? Reestablishing humanity. Can't do that if you're out killing everyone. And as far as the sound after Andrea kills herself, I thought it was the revolver hitting the ground. My question though is, what will the governor do? His town is gone, the only people with him are his 2 top lieutenants who at this point don't trust him. He's low on supplies. I can't imagine him being a serious threat in the next season... unless he groups up with other scavengers... didn't want to see Merle go either. But I like how he went, listening to motorhead!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    This thread is hilarious!![:D]
    Ain't it great! It rivals one of Joe's !!! [:D]
    edited November -1
    Right now, the governor has no army. He killed them all and the old folks and kids have now joined the prison group. He can't just sit around and hope a few stragglers will wander in and he can rebuild an army. That would take way too long. Don't forget about Randall. Remember the young man that Shane murdered? He was a member of a good sized group of marauders and they should still be in the vicinity. He told Daryl there are about 30 of them while he was being beaten in the barn. If the governor happens to find them while out running around, he just might be able to take a leadership roll if he can convince them of the benefits. Food, ammo, WOMEN, etc. That would give the governor a big enough force to come back and retake the town AND the prison.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    Right now, the governor has no army. He killed them all and the old folks and kids have now joined the prison group. He can't just sit around and hope a few stragglers will wander in and he can rebuild an army. That would take way too long. Don't forget about Randall. Remember the young man that Shane murdered? He was a member of a good sized group of marauders and they should still be in the vicinity. He told Daryl there are about 30 of them while he was being beaten in the barn. If the governor happens to find them while out running around, he just might be able to take a leadership roll if he can convince them of the benefits. Food, ammo, WOMEN, etc. That would give the governor a big enough force to come back and retake the town AND the prison.

I was wondering if Randall was part of a third unseen group...
    Or a member of Woodbury... That idea is intriguing...
    And I'd be willing to bet you just hit the next seasons conflict square in the face.
    edited November -1
    Along with that... It's my opinion that Crazy man Morgan is gonna come to Ricks cause...
    And in so doing regain his mental state... OR... Rick will just go and take Morgans arsenal...

One way or another the guns, ammo, and supplies are where Morgan is...
    And Rick along with Michonne knows it's there.

I do know reading TWD wiki... That the producers have confirmed a fourth season with AMC
    and that the prison is gonna play heavy in the season 4 plot lines...

It's been a long time since I've been this interested in a damn TV show...
    edited November -1
    Because they are human beings, hopefully with some degree of humanity.

Killing non-walkers indescriminately to forward their own ends makes them no better than the walkers.
  • anatomically correctanatomically correct Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Carl is a freaking scared angry kid. He is no judge and jury.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carl is a freaking scared angry kid. He is no judge and jury.

Simple, from my point of view, the other kid should have put the shotgun down.

I love that show....It's the omly TV I watch....but it is just a TV show.
    edited November -1
    My point is Carl has become a walker...in his own socially acceptble way...
  • wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    During my little trip to Grantville where they shot most of this last season, I talked with a few locals who said they will be filimg ALOT there again for next season. They also gave some insight on what may take place. One of the people I spoke with was actually an extra....he owned the old factory where they filmed. I could go into details, but that would spoil it for yall. But, I will say, according to the guy I spoke with, Morgan plays a much bigger role and we have NOT seen the last of the Governor.

Now, as far as Carl, I think he's turning into a little sociopath. He enjoys "the kill", believing he is doing his part and being a man.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Killing non-walkers indescriminately to forward their own ends makes them no better than the walkers.

He didn't kill anyone indiscriminately.

He killed an armed enemy combatant.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

He didn't kill anyone indiscriminately.

He killed an armed enemy combatant.

Yes, kid probably his age, taller, ....
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My point is Carl has become a walker...in his own socially acceptble way...

I disagree. He has been put in a "kill or be killed" situation and chose to live. The other kid should have put the shotgun down.