In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Auburn victory

reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Very fitting...Bama coach is a moron...LOL

Comments

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OMG!!!!!
    BAMA chokes!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's what you get for beating my HOKIES first game of the season!!!!
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn that was an awesome return, one helluva game all the way around.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    Very fitting...

Especially the way it went down!!!
  • ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    GO WAR EAGLES! BAMA lost? LOL[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    Man, it sucks to lose to the Barn.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson
    Man, it sucks to lose to the Barn.

I was wondering if you were going to check in tonight.

Hated to see the SEC looking like its going to be shut out of the last BCS championship game.......
    edited November -1
    Hate to see history killed when it was so close. Upside is the wife will be happy if i can keep from being an *.[:D]

I need some Missouri gear, quick.[:D]
  • realspeedrealspeed Member Posts: 6,335
    edited November -1
    Best Game EVER!
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope someone has a cop watching Harvey Updike...
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I can't pretend to be a big football fan but it was one heck of a game. I'll second guess the Bama couch and ask why attempt a 56 yard field goal when you have to bring in your second-string kicker if the worst you'll face is overtime?
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    Very fitting...

Especially the way it went down!!!
    Yep..Hey hey there was a second left on the clock put it back on...Oh good the second is back on...lets see, how about we kick a 56 yard field goal with a guy that has tried 3 in his entire coolege career...thats a great idea...jeez[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    I can't pretend to be a big football fan but it was one heck of a game. I'll second guess the Bama couch and ask why attempt a 56 yard field goal when you have to bring in your second-string kicker if the worst you'll face is overtime?

You make an excellent point.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a soldier at Ft Stewart,Ga, the three senior officers in my directorate were graduates of UGA, Alabama and Auburn.

It could get kind of heated at this time of year.

Great game. I do not think I would have asked for that second back on the clock though. [:0]
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    I hope someone has a cop watching Harvey Updike...
    [:0][;)]
  • bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1

+1 That sure came back to bite em in the *. No kicking game I'm sure made a big part in the decision. Not a guarantee that they can win in overtime with no kicking game.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't fault him for trying the field goal, the kid might have made it.
    Plus, I have never seen a 109 yard missed fg return. Hell I didn't even know you could return a field goal.

Saban knew it though, did you see the look on his face when that safety crossed the goal line.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the second back ...and try a hail mary...at least you have players on the field that have speed if the ball is intercepted
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zebra
    GO WAR EAGLES! [:D][:D][:D][:D]
    I went to school there and always had trouble figuring it out but any day of the week we could be a War Eagle, a Tiger or a Plainsman, very confusing when you're drunk/hungover [;)] [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bamafan

+1 That sure came back to bite em in the *. No kicking game I'm sure made a big part in the decision. Not a guarantee that they can win in overtime with no kicking game.

You know when the game was lost? When the Auburn player punched our player (blank on his name) and he punched back. We were 4-12 with a 15 yard penalty for a first down. Except, our guy had to punch back. If he had done as taught, put his arms up or jumped back and pointed we may have gotten a touchdown off that.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I don't fault him for trying the field goal, the kid might have made it.
    Plus, I have never seen a 109 yard missed fg return. Hell I didn't even know you could return a field goal.

Saban knew it though, did you see the look on his face when that safety crossed the goal line.

You can return a FG in college but in the NFL a missed FG means a change of posession at the original line of scimage. Had that kicker made the FG he probably would have had a scholorship all the way through to a PhD!
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Face it! Gus out coached Saban....The Bama kicker was not moving over enough to make his kicks...I don't think there was any college game played this year any better than the Iron Bowl!