In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

National Championship...

partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
This is easy folks! FSU #1 and Auburn at #2.............

Please don't even mention Ohio in a championship scenario. Ohio was lucky that unranked Michigan went for 2.

Has to be FSU and Auburn.

Comments

• bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a game!! That was hard to believe that many people on the field after the game!!!
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's never been a "power conference" unbeaten jumped by a one loss team.

Next week, I'm a Michigan State Fan.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by partisan

Please don't even mention Ohio in a championship scenario. Ohio was lucky that unranked Michigan went for 2.

Auburn already won the SEC? Goofy me, I thought they had a game left to play.
    edited November -1
    If Florida State beats a good Duke team and Ohio State beats a very good Michigan State team there is your championship game, simple as that.

8 team Playoff anyone?
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5

Auburn already won the SEC? Goofy me, I thought they had a game left to play.

I'm no Auburn fan, but I don't believe they will be beat in the conference game. JMO.
    edited November -1
    If Florida State beats a good Duke team and Ohio State beats a very good Michigan State team there is your championship game, simple as that.

8 team Playoff anyone?

....and Michigan State is ranked where?????? Just as I thought!
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FSU will hand Ohio State their head on a platter.

Far better to see Auburn vs FSU.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Am I the only one to notice that auburn has won their last two games on last second miracle plays?
  • bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Am I the only one to notice that auburn has won their last two games on last second miracle plays?

I knew it too.
    edited November -1

8 team Playoff anyone?

11th, IIRC their only loss was to Notre Dame early in the season.
    edited November -1

Nope

But most teams that win championships get lucky at least one game in a season.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Nope

But most teams that win championships get lucky at least one game in a season.

To be fair, they wouldn't have lost the game without that play either. Well, they could have, but they would have had a chance in OT is what I am trying to say. [:D]

Jon
  • sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last couple days prove beyond a doubt that this whole BCS ranking system is a complete sham!
    I havent followed it real closely, but seems to me Bama has been sitting #1 all season long.
    Now, if those whos votes established Bama as #1 are going to admit theyve been WRONG ALL YEAR and pick another #1, why should anyone believe the voters are any smarter today than they were before the season started?
    And, if Bama really was the best team in the country (until today) shouldnt the team that beat them move into the #1 spot?
    I think there should be at least an 8 way tie for national champion until they have a playoff system in place.
    I choose the Washington State Cougars and because any team could beat any other team on any given day, NOTHING can prove me wrong![}:)]
    Arrivederci gigi
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1

Ohio St. was lucky? OK, that makes sense. Wouldn't want a lucky team in there,huh?
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I loved the finish last night. But now on ESPN and all over there are Auburn folks are saying a 1 loss SEC team deserves a shot at the national championship even if Ohio State remains undefeated.

I can tell you in 2004, Auburn was undefeated and did not go to the National championship game and at the time Auburn was screaming bloody murder.

Now they think a team with a loss should leapfrog an undeafeated team?

I don't think so.
    edited November -1

Did you notice that Ohio won by a miracle play against Michigan?
    edited November -1

8 team Playoff anyone?

....and ND has been a joke all season.
  • Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mizzou will beat Auburn,"IF" we don't have to kick any field goals to win the thing..
  • legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    And it shows another problem.
    A single loss at the seasons end is far more deadly than a loss at the seasons start, even if its to an unranked team vs the late loss to a top five team
    edited November -1

8 team Playoff anyone?

....and ND has been a joke all season.

I know according to you any team not in the SEC is a joke, but none the less the joke called ND did manage to beat 8 teams this year.

FSU does not have a very strong strength of schedule, playing Duke will actually improve it, imagine that.

Now let's say OSU losses to MSU, FSU losses to Duke and AU losses to Missouri. Now what?