In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen any of that in years! It was good stuff but loaded really hot so your caution about using it in handguns is justified. My friend Steve (RIP "Fuzzy") used to joke about shooting Egyptian ammo in his Uzi.
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, yeah! I bought 1440 rds. of that stuff out of Shotgun News about 20 years ago. I just recently (maybe 2 years ago)shot up the last of it.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, here is your chance to buy some more!
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Tempting but right now I've only one striker fired 9mm pistol. Don't see that option working out against hard primers.

If I had a hammer gun for which Wolff Springs offered heavier springs, I'd leap at it. Springs are cheap, and they've heavier ones for many makes and models.
    edited November -1
    There is an error in the listing.

The ammo can is not $5 more. It is included. It's the box in which the ammo will be shipped.

I will correct that oversight after church.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very hard primers and sometimes double or triple hit on the primers and like stated it's a hot load for SMGs
    edited November -1
    most fired on a single pull with the 92f, a few double few triple and 1 flat out dud.
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    most fired on a single pull with the 92f, a few double few triple and 1 flat out dud.

Consider adding a comment to your ammo auctions. Wolff Gun Springs. Example, what they offer for that model 92:
    http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/BERETTA/92,%2096,%20AND%20CENTURION/cID1/mID2/dID36#63
    Hammer Springs

For use in:
    Beretta 92 Series 9mm - Full Size & Compacts
    Beretta 96 Series .40 S&W - Full Size
    Beretta Centurion .40 S&W
    Reduced Power...: 13, 16, 17, 18 & 19 Lb.
    Factory Standard.: 20 Lb.
    Extra Power.........: 22, 24, 26 & 28 Lb.

Somebody could buy a less than $5 spring, add more weight to that hammer until all the hard primer stuff is used up. Then put the original spring back in.

Could be an unpleasant trigger pull resulting I suppose, looks like a cheap way to find out.
    edited November -1
    I am not sure I wanna tell people what to shoot it in. But as for being cheap, if you figured the cost per round before shipping and multiplied by 50 rounds, it would equate to $9.73 a bx or aprx $11.73 after shipping.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm tempted but lazy with cleaning firearms. Maybe someone else will beat me to it.