In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

can anyone tell me what this guy is selling?

burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
i like his title. WHAT?

whoa! i have no idea what he is even saying1 going on and on.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=324234937

Comments

• nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is not particularly articulate.

I think he is offering a grossly over-priced Remington Nylon 66 and he may be hinting that the motorcycle is also for sale. Maybe he is throwing in the kids, not sure.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SO, recon what you going to get?
  • lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A factory original Nylon Harley?
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a one stop shopping auction, you can buy a .22 rifle with an expensive scope attached to it, you can buy a septic tank that doubles as a bunker, or you can buy a Harley

Or you can keep this up and get blocked from bidding [8D]
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Umm... not really sure what to say to that.
  • catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he needs money for his meds...
    like the "neutral" backdrop
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats a nice Christmas blanket
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love the way he types out whatever the heck words pop into his brain. My personal favorite part is this....(see if you get the joke)....

"Lets make this one a NEW YEARS day deal.. Last list was a high bid of 555.00 but without the reserve being hit..But it was close being a little less then one hundred dollars away..So no reserve on it for just this one this time around..This old man stopped getting in a hurry about anything a good while back..I just try and make each day a good day..I will change it back with the old reserve as it was before and the same start price as before after New Years Day..Lets just have some fun with it for this NEW YEAR.. What the heck we will call this one the OLD NYLON 66 NEW YEARS DAY deal..{:-)"
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure but he does have really good feedback ! [8D]
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A cry for more funding to discover a cure for dementia?
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BT3
    Not sure but he does have really good feedback ! [8D]

I have done business with someone that knows him and they said he was a wonderful guy....everyone that knows him loves him!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I love the way he types out whatever the heck words pop into his brain. My personal favorite part is this....(see if you get the joke)....

"Lets make this one a NEW YEARS day deal.. Last list was a high bid of 555.00 but without the reserve being hit..But it was close being a little less then one hundred dollars away..So no reserve on it for just this one this time around..This old man stopped getting in a hurry about anything a good while back..I just try and make each day a good day..I will change it back with the old reserve as it was before and the same start price as before after New Years Day..Lets just have some fun with it for this NEW YEAR.. What the heck we will call this one the OLD NYLON 66 NEW YEARS DAY deal..{:-)"
    $650 was the reserve... But now he started at $555 with NO Reserve...
    Bid and it's yours... At least that's what I read.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I believe he's been into the squeezins' again.
    You know, that who hit john.[;)]
    W.D.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am thinking I saw a nib nylon 66 @ docs for $4??.00. Does that sound reasonable, or was it $5??.00

anyways, he passed on a $555 bid on that gun he ummm, well, Whatever.

I think his title is trying to sayy that shoooting a $555 .22 is cheaper than a $5000 Barrett with $3 rounds? Beats me.
  • CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    oh how nice. You get a harley and a 22 whilst reading his autobiography