In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

REALLY Cool Shameless Plug Camo Ruger Takedown 22

sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Wanted to share this unique Ruger 10/22 I purchased back a few months ago during a local RUGER sale that a large portion of the money made from the Ruger's bought went to a local home for Children. Ruger ran a small number of these 10/22's in factory dipped Mossy Oak camo and they also dipped two BX-25's for each gun that were made available the buyer of this camo 10/22. I "think", but not sure that this may be the first and only one of these type 10/22 Takedown's ever listed on GunBroker (I stand to be corrected)....Happy New Year Everyone.......Mark

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=324411515

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    That is nice. I'm sure it'll do well. Great job on pictures. [^][^][^][8D][8D][8D]
  • danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that is neat if I had three I would love to give one to each of my two boys and then keep the other for myself

just what I would be doing

I would like to have it but I would have to have be able to get two at the least for my two boys
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Pretty slick. Like the camo backpack.
  • sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by danielgage
    that is neat if I had three I would love to give one to each of my two boys and then keep the other for myself

just what I would be doing

I would like to have it but I would have to have be able to get two at the least for my two boys

Danielgage - That is why I bought three - I have two boys (25 and 21) and the oldest one told me at Christmas that he really wanted an M&P pistol so that is what we got him - thus the reason for this one going up for sale......

Montana - I tried to listen to other forum members talk about how LF does such a GREAT job with her pictures so I decided to give it a try.....Not as nice as one of her auctions BUT the more pictures I can provide to better the person will feel about bidding if they really are interested.......Thanks Mark
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty cool....
  • Old.22BoltsOld.22Bolts Member Posts: 6,032
    edited November -1
    Discounted or free shipping for forum members??
  • IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    I hate GB, so many guns so thin is my wallet
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by southgeorgiaivory

Yes - I will provide a $25.00 shipping price ($15.00 off of the listed $40.00) to any active forum member that has at least 200 posts......In our small town the local UPS shipping store gets to charge what they want - because this is shipping 2nd day air they provided a range of $33 to $41 to ship within the US.....This forum is my family so I do not mind providing this discount......Mark
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sigarmsp226
    quote:Originally posted by southgeorgiaivory

Yes - I will provide a $25.00 shipping price ($15.00 off of the listed $40.00) to any active forum member that has at least 200 posts......In our small town the local UPS shipping store gets to charge what they want - because this is shipping 2nd day air they provided a range of $33 to $41 to ship within the US.....This forum is my family so I do not mind providing this discount......Mark

I feel like I placed a reasonable bid so here's hoping.....
    If I do get out bid you'll do quite well....[8D]
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didnt American Rod and Gun (Bass Pro)run a line of Camo 10/22 takedowns ?
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    Thats awesome! Wish I could afford that! But the wallet is a little thin. you should have no problem i selling that at a good price!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFI

MFI - Not sure - I am going to check. Thanks for asking - I truthfully have no idea - we were told 7 months ago when these went up for sale that they were "one of a kind - first time made in this style". That was told to everyone at a dinner with Toxy Haas (President of Mossy Oak and Mike Phifer - President of Ruger so that is why I said what I said - I also need to keepin mind that Ruger may have run a larger batch of these and only released a small number for those willing to pay the price because it was to help support a local Childrens Home.

Those here on the forum and who I live and work with who know me know I NEVER want to mis-represent myself. I will check on this - and I mean it whan I say thank yoyu for providing this comment and pontential lead.....Happy New Year.....Mark
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not mean that in any way to say you are not telling the truth.I thought I saw those in one of their dealer flyers for sale.. It is possible they were just standard 10/22's as well . For some reason I thought they were take downs though..

Here is a multi-cam one somebody has.. Ruger does quite a bit of 'exclusives" for different outfits..
    http://www.specialtysportsandsupply.com/?p=1121
    ithouquote:Originally posted by sigarmsp226
    quote:Originally posted by MFI

MFI - Not sure - I am going to check. Thanks for asking - I truthfully have no idea - we were told 7 months ago when these went up for sale that they were "one of a kind - first time made in this style". That was told to everyone at a dinner with Toxy Haas (President of Mossy Oak and Mike Phifer - President of Ruger so that is why I said what I said - I also need to keepin mind that Ruger may have run a larger batch of these and only released a small number for those willing to pay the price because it was to help support a local Childrens Home.

Those here on the forum and who I live and work with who know me know I NEVER want to mis-represent myself. I will check on this - and I mean it whan I say thank yoyu for providing this comment and pontential lead.....Happy New Year.....Mark
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pretty cool, but it doesn't have a red barrel....can it shoot .18? [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    pretty cool, but it doesn't have a red barrel....can it shoot .18? [:D]

[:0][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    MFI - I did not mean for my response to be taken that way and I appreciate your follow up. You are right that Ruger, being a US based, American Gun Company, works with a variety of people and groups to grow their companies good name so you are right that there are other versions out there and there could also be others out there from this run that may have hit the market since this release. Again - I appreciate your intial post and your follow up.....Mark
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    I am the new owner...that is gonna bring some big money
    edited November -1
    that didnt last long ...but i will try again
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never seen one of those before. I am not sure why the 10/22 take-downs have went up so much with the threat of AWB. 2 months ago, I could have gotten the standard black/stainless one for $350. Now, ~$450 is starting rate for the black one.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    im gonna bid up to 800 think that will get it ..I dont
    edited November -1
    wonder how much it will got for
    edited November -1
    Wow....
    reasonable has left the auction.....
    Glad to see you doing GREAT on this one....[8D]