In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Media seems to be hoping for a riot

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
[:(!]
When the Oscar Grant case comes to an end. I only say this after hearing the local media blitz today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXWSgG-KNng

This is the junk I am talking about- just a sample.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/01/us/01oakland.html

Comments

• joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what happened to him? how many years did he get
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joker5656
    what happened to him? how many years did he get

It goes to the jury tomorrow. As a Refresher this was the BART Police
    (White officer Vs. Black Convict) Shooting that happened on New years day. The trial was moved from Oakland CA to Los Angeles CA.

The BART officer mistakenly grabbed his revolver instead of his Taser as he meant to do according to testimony.
  • 53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    If you want to see riots wait 'till the "impostor in charge" gets voted out. Get prepared. Lock and load!
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do tazers have the same weight and heft as a an actual pistol? Just wondering.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 53hawkeye
    If you want to see riots wait 'till the "impostor in charge" gets voted out. Get prepared. Lock and load!

Exactly 18 months in office 18- 20 trillion $ of new debit Unemployment still at 20%+-.

The Government that we have over seeing the oil spill are the same ones running your health care.

Why Obamanomics Has Failed
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704629804575325233508651458.html

Despite all of Obama blaming Bush for his wows. "WE Are Americans, Owners and Employers of the Government" WE THE PEOPLE CAN FIRE THEM FOR JOBS NOT WELL DONE...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish

Not sure. How the Tazer is carried has been more of the debate.
  • JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

The Government that we have over seeing the oil spill are the same ones running your health care.

Oh brother. I hadn't thought of it that way. On that note, I think I will retire for the evening. [V]
  • FrostDawgFrostDawg Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obamacare...as efficient as the DMV with all the compassion of the IRS
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish

well, the TASER is plastic and bulky in the grips...I can see getting it confused with a Glock, but FrankF said that the officer carried a revolver, totally different grip and feel I would think
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He was charged with Murder 1 only - judge ruled today that he could be charged with a lesser crime and that Murder 1 is out.

I went through the King riots in LA, I don't think it's going to be like that in Oakland (I live in SF) but there will be some action, how much depends on whether he's found not guilty or gets manslaughter, then sentencing - light sentence = problems. The city pulling in more PD from other cities to help.

Two things - Oakland just laid off 80 cops and there has been nearly nothing from the Oakland "leaders" telling folks to behave.