In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.22 cal scope.

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
I need a new scope for my 22. The one I have is a 2-7 power. It isn't bright enough at dusk, nor do I like the magnifaction. Seems weak when you are pushing 200 yards.

I am open to suggestions, and no, I am not interested in spending a pile of money.

Keep it under $100.

Comments

• Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I've had good luck with Barska.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    I need a new scope for my 22. The one I have is a 2-7 power. It isn't bright enough at dusk, nor do I like the magnifaction. Seems weak when you are pushing 200 yards.

I am open to suggestions, and no, I am not interested in spending a pile of money.

Keep it under $100.

Just throwing out some names of less expensive stuff I've used, around $100.00 I think - Mueller, Konus, Intensity, Brunton and Pentax. EABCO is running a sale on scopes of the 4 to 14 power.
  • xstuntmanxstuntman Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just picked up a 4x32 Bushnell Banner Dusk/Dawn. $65 at Academy. Passed on the comparable 4x32 Nikon which was $40 more. Clarity was even but the crosshairs sold me.

Mike
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Out 200 yards? You must be shooting where there is no wind [:D]. That must be nice.

Cheap I'd go with a NcStar. I got me (on my 10/22) 6X24-50 (I think it's them numbers). Any ways, I know it's too much scope but I had it laying around and it's about $100.
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    simmons. waterproof,shockproof,and fogproof with lifetime waranty
    i sell the 8 point 3x9x40 for under $45.00. here is a good deal.
    176483341 Simmons 3-9x40 8 point rilfe scope new
    jerry's wholesale price is $32.00
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by xstuntman
    Just picked up a 4x32 Bushnell Banner Dusk/Dawn. $65 at Academy. Passed on the comparable 4x32 Nikon which was $40 more. Clarity was even but the crosshairs sold me.

Mike

+1[;)]
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Very happy with my Simmons WTC 6.5-20x50 w/ AO (focuses from 30 feet to infinity) on my 22 mag savage. Got a second one for my 22lr savage.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I put a Simmons 4X12 air rifle on my 1022 HB I built.
    Very good scope, for the money, clear, good light.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Well ideally what I want is something adjustable to 12X or so.

I don't want a 50mm obective either. It will be too big to mount on my 22. I have a 40mm on my 17HMR and it is aweful big.

I don't want to have special mounts machined.

I need something that has good magnifaction, gathers light well in dusk situation, and will mount decent on my 22 Stevens.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do they make a 12X on a 32mm?

I figure with a 12X the scope will be long (so you might be boned on a stock mount for your project). So good luck on your search.
  • TempestTempest Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tasco World Class! List is around $70.00. If you shop around you can get a much better deal than that.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just google around until you find a 12- 24X NightForce for under $100. Sheesh, you want a lot of optics for your measly $100.