In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Myrtle Beach, SC for the 4th of July Week.

Follow MeFollow Me Member Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
I am leaving on Friday and will return on Friday. We got a top floor Ocean front condo for the 4th of July weekend. I am really excited as I have never been there before. I will take plenty of photos and post them while down there or when I get back. Should be alot of fun.

Was wondering if anyone here was from that area or had been there and could recommend things to do (Besides all the girls in swimsuits..lol)

Comments

• we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck.....crowded,crowded, crowded.

The new boardwalk is nice.

Good seafood down at Murrels Inlet.

Have fun.
  • FrostDawgFrostDawg Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    enjoy and think about the rest of us...
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    Yeah I Live there work in the local KFC come on down
  • Follow MeFollow Me Member Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sawz
    Yeah I Live there work in the local KFC come on down

You guys know how I love those KFC's.. I will be right there.
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Follow Me
    I am leaving on Friday and will return on Friday. We got a top floor Ocean front condo for the 4th of July weekend. I am really excited as I have never been there before. I will take plenty of photos and post them while down there or when I get back. Should be alot of fun.

Was wondering if anyone here was from that area or had been there and could recommend things to do (Besides all the girls in swimsuits..lol)

Been many years since I went to Myrtle Beach, used to go there a lot when I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, there used to be a lot of clubs there to pick up college chicks from the local universities.

Sometimes some college guy would get their panties in a bunch with the wierd idea that someone cockblocked him and stole his girl, and then he would want to fight. That was fun too, but he usually didn't last too long. We would usually get kicked out, take old girl with us back to the hotel, have fun, and then go to another club to pick up more chicks.

My advice would be to take a cooler, and get drunk before going in the clubs, as beer is expensive in there. The pizza around there is good but expensive, and some of the hotels get kind of pissy about bringing guests into your room or having parties in the hotel. Having a van is a must too for too many reasons to list.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am soooo jealous!!!! Go to the Myrtle Beach Travel Park every summer(until this year [:(] )....Kings Pizza rocks!!!

hoping to go to Cape Cod instead this August
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    you from Ohio/Ill./deleware/Pa.?????
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by riflemike
    you from Ohio/Ill./deleware/Pa.?????

Oklahoma
  • reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live up the road in Conway. I'll be outa town that weekend its too damn crowded
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two rounds of golf per day, every day, always a different course.

Stay for a month and you still have just scratched the surface.

Great courses, great fun.

Don't believe there is any other reason to go to Myrtle.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some good fishing there. North Myrtle Beach, Murrels inlet and Cherry Grove - fish off the pier or take day trip out to the Gulf Stream.

Dixie Stampede-Dolly Partons dinner theater, dinner and a show.

As to the rest not sure, 15 years since I lived in South Carolina.

If you have time take a day and go down to Charleston lots of history, should not be missed if you are in South Carolina.

Charleston - Magnolia Plantation and gardens, Ft. Sumter, The Citadel, take carriage tour of Charleston.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Two rounds of golf per day, every day, always a different course.

Stay for a month and you still have just scratched the surface.

Great courses, great fun.

Don't believe there is any other reason to go to Myrtle.

Don, I have a couple pics of two guys from Minnesota on one of the golf courses trying deal with an alligator in a pond that one of the guys had hit his ball right to the edge of. The pond was just behind a small hill about 200 yds out from the tee box. They both teed off one to the left side fairway and to the right side about two feet from the water. They drove thier cart out to the one on the left side(fairway was very wide on this hole) hit it toward the hole and then drove to the other side, parked about 30ft from the water. As the golfer walks up to the ball and gets ready to hit it the alligator started to chase a couple birds that he had startled. That alligator seemed to take offense that these guys scared away his dinner and actually started toward them. He was only about 4 ft long, but he sure shook those guys up for a few minutes till they decided to just throw the ball back to the middle of the fairway. Always wondered if that guy took a penalty stroke. They did quite a bit of complaining back in the clubhouse.[:D]

If I can find the pics I'll scan and post them. It was entertaining, first time I saw an alligator outside the zoo. Saw plenty more in the following 2 years though.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forget Myrtle Beach. Go south on Hwy. 17 down to Huntington Beach. It is a state park and a Clean beach. Or travel south a little farther to Jekyl Island in Georgia.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Forget Myrtle Beach. Go south on Hwy. 17 down to Huntington Beach. It is a state park and a Clean beach. Or travel south a little farther to Jekyl Island in Georgia.
    Great advice! [xx(]
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As mentioned above Fishing and of course "Calabash Style" any of the multitude of all you can eat joints on the strip. Golf if you care for it. I think I gave out an entire box of GunBroker.com koozies just in the campground last trip there.
    edited November -1
    Heck yeah.. Sounds like I will be in for some fun in the SUN.. Well I am shortly off with the wife to the airport. BUT dont worry I will still get on here from time to time if I can pull myself away from looking at all the women in little swimsuits..lol..

Hope you all have a safe and fun 4th. I am out..

Next post will be on the sand with a ocean view. Dont worry I will take pics and post them..
  • carolinashootercarolinashooter Member Posts: 339 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want "Calabash" style seafood do it right and make the short drive to the town of Calabash, N.C. just up the road. Good luck with the crowds. I grew up in Wilmington, about 1 hour north of Myrtle. I would not even go to our local beaches on the 4th of July weekends. Play golf? Plenty of that down there now.