In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Real Assault rifle used by active shooter

Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
I just saw a u-tube video by an 'officer Leroy Pyle' who stated there has not been a 'real' assault rifle (full auto) used in the US in recent times by an active shooter. He is wrong! April 93, Colorado Springs, CO the JIM&I'S' shooting. A murder used an illegally converted AK-47 (full auto) to kill two and wound five before I shot him and ended the shooting. Do any of you know of any others???

Comments

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    I just saw a u-tube video by an 'officer Leroy Pyle' who stated there has not been a 'real' assault rifle (full auto) used in the US in recent times by an active shooter. He is wrong! April 93, Colorado Springs, CO the JIM&I'S' shooting. A murder used an illegally converted AK-47 (full auto) to kill two and wound five before I shot him and ended the shooting. Do any of you know of any others???

North Hollywood shootout in 1997.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe the emphasis was on "recent". It seems like the press loves to find any rifle that in any way physically resembles an M-16 and call it an assault rifle.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    There have been several shootings over the years with full auto rifles. I believe all of them were either obtained illegally or illegally converted.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Good job, Thank's!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for ending the criminals spree.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't consider something that happened well over 20 years ago recent.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Only one I remember is the N Hollywood bank heist gone bad.Def. not a recent thing.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    did you use a properly placed 22lr round to end the deed??
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash

Good job, Thank's!

Agreed. Thank you.
  • WMClarkWMClark Member Posts: 821
    edited November -1
    There was the 2011 IHOP shooting in Carson City, NV. It was an illegally altered to fully automatic. Four dead, well five counting the scumbag shooter.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    The two CA shoot outs were not active shooters. The intent of the criminals their was not body count it was robbery. If they had not been detected there would not have been a shoot out. I was referring to an active shooter who was intent on just killing as many people as they can for what ever reason.
    The problem here is we have allowed the terrorists to 'win' in that we are all obsessing about the 'terrorist threat' when the reality/probability of a citizen of the USA being a victim of an active shooter in there life time is so low it is laughable! The probability that a person being struck by lightning SEVERAL times in their life is higher. This is becasue we allow emotion to override reality. but that is how the media gets ratings $$$$$, and politicians get face time. [:(]
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    as an aside to this thread, hats off and a big salute to you, sir!
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +100

quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    as an aside to this thread, hats off and a big salute to you, sir!
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    You are welcome, but I was just doing my job. If I would not have been there another LEO would have been.[:)]
    The point here is that all this talk about AW is BS, and this bandit was a convicted felon, had a DV convection, and in total violation of the NFA (1934). He was a person of very low income and had no connection to an 'organization' to assist him. So ALL those laws already on the books that were placed there 'to keep guns like this out of the hands of evil people'did ABSOLUTELY nothing to prevent this.[:(!] This is the kind of argument we need to use when discussing this problem. Now there are MANY closed-mined/prejudice people who will refuse to listen to fact, logic, and reality, BUT we must try and reach those who are 'setting on the fence' ASAP!
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The two CA shoot outs were not active shooters. The intent of the criminals their was not body count it was robbery. If they had not been detected there would not have been a shoot out. I was referring to an active shooter who was intent on just killing as many people as they can for what ever reason.
    The problem here is we have allowed the terrorists to 'win' in that we are all obsessing about the 'terrorist threat' when the reality/probability of a citizen of the USA being a victim of an active shooter in there life time is so low it is laughable! The probability that a person being struck by lightning SEVERAL times in their life is higher. This is because we allow emotion to override reality. but that is how the media gets ratings $$$$$, and politicians get face time. [:(]

You sure have that right![xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner