In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Coastal Carolina wins

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
College World Series Baseball Championship in a 4 to 3 win over a tough, young Arizona team in the best of three games. Congratulations to Coastal Carolina, their logo and name which reminds me of a story about the best game rooster that my dad ever owned back in the 1930s, a Carolina Blue that never lost a single fight! [:)] WTG Carolina!
What's next?

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, well, maybe next year! [:D]

Congrats Carolina!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    Oh, well, maybe next year! [:D]

Congrats Carolina!

[:D]
    What's next?
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's pretty cool. Ole MB will be proud!!
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Coastal Carolina will be in the Sun Belt League next year..So is University of South Alabama!I'm sure we will see them next year...Congrats![8D]
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bunch of my daughters friends are students at Coastal Carolina. I'm really glad she has to be up at 5 AM for her ER shift tomorrow because she just might have headed that way tonight!! THANK YOU LORD!!!![:D]
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They deserve it. I watched several of their games. Those young men worked and played hard for it.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter graduated from Coastal, despite it's reputation as a party school she worked hard and earned two masters degrees.

If I am not mistaken Coastal winning it all is a HUGE accomplishment when compared to schools that are much larger.

Isn't this sort of like a high school team beating a pro team?
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    They deserve it. I watched several of their games. Those young men worked and played hard for it.

They did. They were solid in all aspects of the game, winning some games on unearned runs and others with great batting and base running, and superb coaching as well.
    What's next?
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looked like Arizona was about to take it in the ninth. I didn't want to hex Coastal so I didn't watch the last two batters. My son came in and said "they won!" Happy for the Roosters. [:D]
    edited November -1
    You have to hand it to the coaching, too. They put in their left handed closer, Holmes, with one out in the sixth in the middle of an Arizona rally. He took out the left hand batter and struck the next man out to end the inning. Then, while I'm thinking he will keep this ace in for three innings, he puts in a right hand pitcher who got in very serious trouble, before he came alive and worked out of it. This guy then settles in and polishes off the last batter during an AZ rally with absolutely superb pitching in the clutch. Great coaching!
    What's next?
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well done CC...
    "What is truth?'