In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Would you shoot them?

wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
I picked up six boxes of Winchester Western 41 LC 200 gr. Lubaloy white box bullets.

From what I'm seeing, they're selling for around $120.00 a box!
There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had 6 boxes of the White Box 41 Colt ammunition and sold them at gun shows after I sold my 41 Colt Single Action.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ball bark of $720.00 ,,, sell them and get another firearm
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    I had 6 boxes of the White Box 41 Colt ammunition and sold them at gun shows after I sold my 41 Colt Single Action.

What did you end up getting for them?
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF they are bringing that,,SELL THEM.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    I had 6 boxes of the White Box 41 Colt ammunition and sold them at gun shows after I sold my 41 Colt Single Action.What did you end up getting for them?This was a couple of years ago that I sold them. I had them marked at $75 per box, but sold three boxes each to two different buyers at $65 per box.

If you can actually sell them for $120 per box, I'd count the money unless you really want/need to shoot a bunch of 41 ammunition!!!

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    I had 6 boxes of the White Box 41 Colt ammunition and sold them at gun shows after I sold my 41 Colt Single Action.What did you end up getting for them?This was a couple of years ago that I sold them. I had them marked at $75 per box, but sold three boxes each to two different buyers at $65 per box.

If you can actually sell them for $120 per box, I'd count the money unless you really want/need to shoot a bunch of 41 ammunition!!!

I saw the $120 price on completed auctions. It turns out they didn't sell, so I guess your price would be closer to the guideline.

Either way, I'm going to make one hell of a profit. I have $60.00 into them, and along with them, I got a box that seemed to have come from a Gun Smith. It has unfinished handgun barrels, triggers, pins, springs ect. and a bunch of what looks like jigs and parts for a lathe.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are they originals...
    "What is truth?'
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    Are they originals...

I believe they are. All of the head stamps match and I don't see any signs of them ever being fired or reloaded.
    edited November -1
    If I remember correctly the White Box 41's are from the 1970's. I believe a collector with some money got Winchester to make a production run, but Winchester's stipulation was it had to be a large run and he had to purchase all of it.