In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

President Kennedy put!!!

Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
President Kennedy put a man on the moon.

Obama put a man in a womens restroom. (and thinks that is progress)
I think that type of progress is his legacy.

Comments

• EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kennedy had a wife with lots of class and Obozo has a wife with lots of xxx.

Jaun Tonabondo
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Both Gooduns[:D][:D]
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed,87.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kennedy was a hero, Obama is a zero [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer

Strange notion of a hero. He started out by cutting out the air cover at the Bay of Pigs & then trying to blame the fiasco on Eisenhower's bad planning. Then he let the East Germans build the Berlin Wall. Next was the Cuban Missile crisis where he secretly gave the Russians a deal they couldn't refuse. Then the use of Federal troops to occupy Oxford, Miss & Montgomery, Ala. Finally the assassination of President Diem that got the Vietnam War up & going. Who knows what other foul-ups he could have gotten into if he had served just ONR full term.
    He was a disaster looking for a place to happen & he always found it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer

Strange notion of a hero. He started out by cutting out the air cover at the Bay of Pigs & then trying to blame the fiasco on Eisenhower's bad planning. Then he let the East Germans build the Berlin Wall. Next was the Cuban Missile crisis where he secretly gave the Russians a deal they couldn't refuse. Then the use of Federal troops to occupy Oxford, Miss & Montgomery, Ala. Finally the assassination of President Diem that got the Vietnam War up & going. Who knows what other foul-ups he could have gotten into if he had served just ONR full term.
    He was a disaster looking for a place to happen & he always found it.

Man you need to lighten up before you stroke-out [:D], I'm pretty sure Okie743 intended for this thread to be light-hearted, not a damn history lesson. You should easily find employment with Hillarys "I'm with her" campaign [:)]. I was around when Kennedy was alive.....I lived thru what you wrote, experienced the effect of some of it too [;)]

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gruntled,

No matter how much you choose to reassess Kennedy's political career he will always be a hero insofar as his Naval career is concerned.

quote:The medals were presented to Lt. Kennedy in June 1944 for his heroics and injuries sustained in the rescue of the crew of PT 109 during WWII on August 2, 1943 when the motor torpedo boat was struck by a Japanese destroyer.

Lt. Kennedy received:

The Navy Marine Corps Medal

The Purple Heart

Best.
    edited November -1
    Kennedy's back pain was from BEFORE he went into the service. He hid it to get in. Of course he got a medal. His father was Joe Kennedy. It was Ted Kennedy that had a broken back from an aircraft accident. Don't overlook the fact that he was responsible for getting his boat sunk in the first place.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ether way we are witnessing history get wrongfully written , obomo will go down in history as the greatest president ever

makes me question all that we learned about our past
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    As long as we keep re-writing history from our present location, we can make hero's out of crooks and crooks out of hero's! I wanted to say villain's but not quite sure I spelled it right.[:I]

I too grew up with IKE, JFK, and all since beyond. I lived this history and have direct memories without any help from anyone.

The news media in those days was REAL news and not a paid political beauty contest.

Oh yea......this is a joke! Sorry
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    somewhat true about the back injury as it seems to go back to college days, but being run over by a destroyer didn't help the situation very much. don't forget JFK brother[pilot] was killed in the line of duty while trying a remote piloted bomber laden with explosives on a 1 way mission..
    Kennedy's back pain was from BEFORE he went into the service. He hid it to get in. Of course he got a medal. His father was Joe Kennedy. It was Ted Kennedy that had a broken back from an aircraft accident. Don't overlook the fact that he was responsible for getting his boat sunk in the first place.
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kennedy's were as crooked as the clintons- almost
    WWII hero killed because crooked daddy, him and Bobby crossed the Mob after they stole the election for JFK. B F mistake.
    Real stand up crew right there huh?

PS real news? LOL they hid most of the kennedys f ups
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also remember the Kennedy years. I was 14, to young to know much about anything of substance but I well remember that Kennedy made us, as a country feel good. Young, handsome, personable, fun to watch at a press conference. Then there was that young good looking wife he was hitting regular enough to have two kids while in the White House.
    edited November -1
    This thread really turned on a dime [:D].....sorry Okie473, it started out to be a pretty good one too [;)]

• GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    JFK had Marylin Monroe.

Obama has Reggie Love.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frankly, I'm getting tired of these draft avoiders who think that hustling for dollars constitutes "public service".

I don't include the Carpetbagger, since she volunteered to join the Marines.

Neal
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gruntled, you mentioned Bay of Pigs. In 1964 I was stationed at Ft. Monroe, VA (CONARC headquarters) as a draftsman. The only thing I did worth mentioning was draw the invasion plans for Cuba. Back then is was pen & ink on poster board! That plan was never executed and I wish I could find the charts I made in the National Archives. I just don't know how to go about it.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
    edited November -1
    The Bay of Pigs invasion was in April 1961. I remember the time because I was in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on a troop ship coming back home. All the news we had was what they told us on the loud speakers & maybe there was a ship's paper. For all we knew it was the beginning of WW III. We were quite happy to see the Statue of Liberty.
    I can't imagine any planed invasion in 1964 after the promise we made to the USSR as part of the Cuban missile crisis. Perhaps it was just one of the contingency plans that are never really expected to be used.
  • Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

President Kennedy put a man on the moon.

Obama put a man in a womens restroom. (and thinks that is progress)
    I think that type of progress is his legacy.

Obama has created a Bay of Pigs. (but he is still no Kennedy)
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

John F Kerry received medals too...he's a worthless POS
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm no Kennedy fan but he would make one heck of a Republican today.[:D]
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kennedy said, Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. And Obozo said, Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you.

Juan Tonabondo.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tflogger
    I'm no Kennedy fan but he would make one heck of a Republican today.[:D]

You're probably right & that just shows how bad things have become.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Pretty sure Teddy killed Mary Jo Kopechne in Chappaquiddick while driving drunk. He hit the freakin' bridge, dropped the car in the water, then lied about it for another 40 years.
    A pox on those elitist scum.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    Pretty sure Teddy killed Mary Jo Kopechne in Chappaquiddick while driving drunk. He hit the freakin' bridge, dropped the car in the water, then lied about it for another 40 years.
    A pox on those elitist scum.

The story was a lot more sordid that than. You need to read the Reader's Digest story on the event. They published it just in time to derail his run against the peanut farmer.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JFK had a lot better taste in mistresses than Bill Clinton.
  • o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kennedy
    winter spring 61'

I Rotated back from Germany Vll Corps Special Troops

Trained weapons and Judo to guys who ended up at "Bay of Pigs"

Kennedy left them naked no air cover they were promised.

Politicians have only gotten worse.