In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone tried "Silk" soy milk???

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
If you haven't you SHOULD!!! Its great!!! I love it. I am trying to get my "herd" to try different things and I picked this up last week. I got the vanilla and its wonderful!

I plan on keeping this on hand.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife drinks it due to stomach issue.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you tried it? Its almost like a milkshake to me.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    We drink the light, its great!
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep. Drink both silk and chocolate silk. Not too hot about the almond silk though.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was afraid to get the light version....I'll get that next time. I feel like I'm as big as a cow these days....the light may be a little way to cut back. (Every little bit helps!)
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I hear it gives you bigger breasts.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I made the switch years ago in cereal but man a glass of whole milk hits the spot every now and then.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife likes it, I will use it in my coffee once in awhile. The Chocolate is not to bad! The Almond milk is not bad also.
  • DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer the Almond milk (plain). For coffee, I prefer coconut milk creamer.
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is great in cereal and it keeps a lot longer than regular milk in case you don't go through it very quickly.
  • utbrowningmanutbrowningman Member Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vanilla almond milk is great and what I usually drink. Easier on me than regular milk. On the expensive side at $3-4/half gallon. Tried the Silk when my boys were babies and it was great, too.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    NOWAY!!
    Their's already enough crap in regular whole milk,no way am i drinking syhth. milk...
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My kids have drunk it their whole lives...we're worried about the growth hormones they give cows.

They love the taste and although I use skim milk sometimes I'll try the Silk. It's vanilla so a little sweeter than real milk.

I've also tried rice milk and it's fine too.
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    What a shame. I used to like you Kasey. [;)]

My mother-in-law and her boyfriend both drink it. I call it bean juice. I can't stand it. I was making orange julius and made the second batch with Silk for them. Without thinking, I drank the last little bit from the blender. It was so gross that I had to make a third batch to get the taste out of my mouth.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    NOWAY!!
    Their's already enough crap in regular whole milk,no way am i drinking syhth. milk...

+1

Soy milk is not safe nor fit to drink if you seriously check into it.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat
    My kids have drunk it their whole lives...we're worried about the growth hormones they give cows.

They love the taste and although I use skim milk sometimes I'll try the Silk. It's vanilla so a little sweeter than real milk.

I've also tried rice milk and it's fine too.

LMAO! No really, I am LMAO!

Did you stop eating all together then?

That bean juice you drink is genetically modified.

I grew up on steriod injected beef. You have a phobia of that too?
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...We had Silk around when my grandson was younger and was having some trouble with dairy. I kept looking at it and thinking about tofu. We were out of real milk one day, so I tried it. Heck yeah, I could drink that stuff. I've only tried the regular and vanilla. Kind of sweet, but good.

...Edit: By the way, if you worry about steroids, GMO, etc., well, after 30+ years at a country grain elevator, you don't even want to know what goes down the dump grate with soybeans, corn, wheat, etc.
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember correctly soy milk is loaded with female hormones. Are you trying for a kinder gentler GunBroker crowd.[8D]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chollagardens
    If I remember correctly soy milk is loaded with female hormones. Are you trying for a kinder gentler GunBroker crowd.[8D]
    thus my earlier post.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain