In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Update from the border you won't hear on the news

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Not even FOX;

Sheriff Joe has a small fleet of private planes which just started a few days ago patrolling the border.These planes are helping catch 200 Illegals a day. Last nite a big van of guns coming this way was stopped. Fifty cal on tripods etc. Something is happening. Mexican mafia is paying our school kids big money to smuggle drugs and people into this country. Several kids a day being caught. Yesterday,there was a meeting among cattlemen, ranchers, businessmen, and local national guard members to start building the fence on private property to be paid for by private funding and to have labor by prisoners, since the feds won,t do anything.

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    OK, so provide a verifiable source for the information.
    some one posted it on the internet, so it must be true!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • sohigh1sohigh1 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Nothing in that link mentions it as far as I can tell.

From the end of the first paragraph:

"This time, Arpaio's troops are taking to the sky, monitoring the activities of residents from small planes."
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sohigh1
    Nothing in that link mentions it as far as I can tell.

From the end of the first paragraph:

"This time, Arpaio's troops are taking to the sky, monitoring the activities of residents from small planes."

I guess I was just thinking about the airplane part. I was assuming that was the major point of the original post.
  • ofitgofitg Member Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This release is from the Maricopa County Sheriff's office -

http://www.mcso.org/include/pr_pdf/Operation Desert Sky Update.pdf

(Phoenix, AZ.) Published reports say The National Day Laborer Organizing Network, a nationally known activist group, may call on President Barack Obama soon to intervene in Sheriff Joe Arpaio's OPERATION DESERT SKY, asking the President to ground the Sheriff's air posse patrol.
    The volunteer air posse has been mobilized by Arpaio to fly over Maricopa County to better and more easily spot drug traffickers, illegal immigrants and human smugglers coming into the county as part of Operation Desert Sky.
    Arpaio says the group's request is `silly' as activists are trying to convince the President to treat the area like a `Libyan no fly zone.'

OPERATION DESERT SKY began only days ago, Arpaio says, and has already netted 115 arrests, 80 of whom are suspected illegal aliens. Also 2200 pounds of marijuana have been seized from drug trafficking illegal aliens either backpacking or driving on back roads through the southern county deserts.
    In addition to the 80 illegal aliens netted by the Sheriff's operation thus far, 35 U.S. citizens were also arrested. Notable in those arrests was one suspect wanted for child abuse and another wanted for aggravated assault on a police officer. E
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    OK, so provide a verifiable source for the information.
    some one posted it on the internet, so it must be true!

This comes a friend who emails me all the time we have been buds since he was my basketball coach in 6th grade. He lives in Apache junction and he tells me what he reads in the local paper or hears on local news or at the gun range. He doesn't lie or exaggerate. and I have tried to convince him of my invasion theory (he doesn't nessasarily buy that scenario either but he does see what is really happening that the national news doesn't report
    I will ask him for a link to his local paper so we can read for ourselves.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Scott, I am going to list some aluminum foil on the auction side. I'll even put a low BIN for you and make shipping free. Interested/
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    we can alwaaays hope it is true ,anyway.