In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My brother from another mother

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
My best friend for life just called. We grew up together and at 16, he moved to NC. We reunited about two months ago. I answer the phone and all I hear is, Get your * down here next month for deer season. I got your stand set up and some big bucks are hitting it every night. My buddy owns a very small farm near Dav1965 and has permission to hunt the two neighboring farms. He told me to bring something good enough for 25 yards, because that will be my farthest shot[:0] Think I will take my 257 Roberts. Towing my motorcycle down too. After hunting for a few days, were going to go on a trip south, on the bikes. Now I just have to tell the wife I am going[:X] I think she won't have a problem, since I am gonna take her along to meet his wife, who loves to ride horses like her[;)] Man, I am so excited to have him back in my life again. I feel like a new person. Oakie

Comments

• Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have fun and get a big one
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
    edited November -1
    Way cool.[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have fun. My best friend from High school and I get together pretty regularly. My wife surprised me and got him up here for my Birthday this year. We were supposed to go to the Clemson game last week but he got stuck on call at the hospital.
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want we can do something. Let me know.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    25 yards with a 257 Roberts? It'll just zip right through the deer like a "laser". I'd take a pistol. Hell a 10mm might be over kill maybe .40S&W'll do the trick [:D]?
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your all missing the point.

Somebody's going to fire +P ammo from a rifle...

+P rifle cartridges are one of the gun world's unicorns.

Mike
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    25 yards with a 257 Roberts? It'll just zip right through the deer like a "laser". I'd take a pistol. Hell a 10mm might be over kill maybe .40S&W'll do the trick [:D]?

Yosh, you got me thinking. I have to check their laws tomorrow. I would love to take my S&W 41 magnum and hunt with that. I am good out to about 50 to 75 yards accurately. I did take one in PA with it, at just under 100 yards, but I would never try that again. Lucky spine shot and I was aiming at the heart[:I] Oak