In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is stereotyping considered racism?

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
If I show dislike for the thugs of the black race am I racist?

If I show dislike for those participating in radical islam am I racist?

If I show dislike for those who came here illegaly am I racist?

Is it possible to not "like" a certain segment of a race or religious group and not be considered a racist?

In whose eyes am I or am I not a racist?

I don't procliam to be racist, I have friends and even family who are either black, mexican or muslim. Does that excuse me from a racist label?

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    Yep!!! All is bound to offend someone.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I thought I might have been racist once, but I'm in the dark as to when that was....
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The word"racist" is misused most of the time. It's mostly used by people who don't welcome a different point of view, or cannot face the facts. They use it to scare people and shut them up. I would be called racist for a lot of what I think. By people who don't have the capacity to think. Like a guy I know said one time, "I'm not racist, I hate everybody". I don't hate everybody, but I hate what a lot of people do. White or black, yellow or red.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everybody is a racist, even racist.....
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Todays answer depends upon the person doing the stereotyping.
    If it is a liberal DEMOCRAT like MRS Bill Clinton the answer is not.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if i had a dollar for every time someone said i was racist i would just get robbed by some black guy [8D]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    if i had a dollar for every time someone said i was racist i would just get robbed by some black guy [8D]

Bwahahahahaha![:D]

I got over whether anyone considers me a racist a long time ago. Don't give a crap to be honest.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fideau
    The work "racist" is misused most of the time. It's mostly used by people who don't welcome a different point of view, or cannot face the facts. They use it to scare people and shut them up. I would be called racist for a lot of what I think. By people who don't have the capacity to think. Like a guy I know said one time, "I'm not racist, I hate everybody". I don't hate everybody, but I hate what a lot of people do. White or black, yellow or red.

Yep
    Since 2008, the term racist has become meaningless.

The term is far to often used as a political weapon rather than description of an attitude or behavior.
    Myself and many others have been called racist merely because we did not vote for or support the agenda of Barrack Obama.
    MRS Bill Clinton uses the term racist almost daily along with misogynist when describing Donald Trump.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care to be around any of them...

Because I'm a racist [:)]
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a hater if you wear a tartan homespun kilt - own bagpipes - sodimize sheep - speak with a Scottish accent...

But I don't hate Scottish people...

The American Africans think that if you hate fried chicken eating - menthol cig smoking - grape flavored philly blunt smoking - malt liquor drinking - uneducated - unmotivated - govt assistance and entitlement addicted - criminal - drug addict - sperms donor - whith braided cornrows - who loots and shoots and rapes anyone within reach you are a racist and specifically targeting knee-grows...

They might be right.

But desiring to be judged by content of character instead of color of skin means you have to work - vote - pay taxes - maintain a nuclear family - obey the law - finish school - worship god - be a civic minded good neighbor - who earns respect through continuous effort.

The won't do that (not can't - but won't)

No uncle tom tomfoolery here...

They want out of the proverbial field and onto the porch or into the house without metaphorically washing up - learning their manners - and earning their God given right to sit at the table as equals.

Sadly it's not going to happen.

Mike
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking one's mind ain't no longer protected under the first amendment. If you do and someone disagrees with you you're a racist, bigot, terrorist or un-PC. Then you're oppressed so you're a victim but the one who put you in check is a "hero". One of these days I'll Jackie Chan in Tacompton (new word I learnt) like he did in "Rush Hour". Then folks will lose their minds.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a friend that has spent three weeks in Ghana....he said the blacks in Africa are no match for American blacks , for laziness and worth...
  • Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yews all be Racists because steriotypist don't fit no damn chant.

I prefer to go with Faulkner's position on the matter of n!22er$.
    "When people act like n!22er$, no matter who they are the only thing to do is treat them like n!22er$.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not racist.

Some of my best friends know black people.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find it much easier to just be a BIGOT and dislike HATE everyone (esp those that don't like Kilt wearing, bagpipe playing sheep shaggers)
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not approve of, nor associate with thugs whether black, white, or brown.

I do not approve of, nor associate with religious militants regardless of base religion followed.

I do not approve of, nor associate with illegal aliens regardless of their country of origin. They are criminals,...every single one of them.

If any of the above makes me a racist, then I am a racist. It is not my problem that the vast majority of thugs happen to be black, that the vast majority of religious militants are Islamic, and that the vast majority of illegal immigrants are Mexican, and/or South Americans.

Reality is reality, and no PC bull can change the facts that are in play currently. If you want to sit by and ignore what is happening so you can feel all 'good' about yourself,....have at it.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fideau
    The work "racist" is misused most of the time. It's mostly used by people who don't welcome a different point of view, or cannot face the facts. They use it to scare people and shut them up. I would be called racist for a lot of what I think. By people who don't have the capacity to think. Like a guy I know said one time, "I'm not racist, I hate everybody". I don't hate everybody, but I hate what a lot of people do. White or black, yellow or red.
    Yep... The word Racist or Racism is Taboo.
    Yet, it's conveniently used WHENEVER an opposing view is unwelcome.
  • SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia

Islam is a religion, not a race

It is really more accurate to say Islam is a mental illness, founded by a phedophile 1400 years ago that has never faced itself or its beliefs. If followed by radicals its goal is the death or subjugation of the worlds population with no room for freedom of conscience.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Good one! Now could you explain this to all your liberal friends?

quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck

Perhaps, if it is only black thugs you dislike.

Islam is a religion, not a race.

A political distinction, not a racial one.

Is it possible to not "like" a certain segment of a race or religious group and not be considered a racist?

See #1, and 2, above.

Racial bigotry quite likely a sin. Messiah was subjected to it....you might check and see how He felt about it. I'd take His opinion.

I don't procliam to be racist, I have friends and even family who are either black, mexican or muslim. Does that excuse me from a racist label?

What you think, say, and do are the evidences of what is in your heart. And while no man knows your heart, if you are truly asking this question, the reference book is readily available.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,279 ******
    edited November -1
    You are not a racist Big Sky, just a RED NECK[;)]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

That is some funny chit
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More of a redneck, my kinda people, but not a raciest. I guess we are all a little prejudice towards certain people, of certain races, religion or creeds. I just treat everyone the way they treat myself. We are all just trying to live a normal life, until some ahole comes along, and F's up our chit.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Perhaps, if it is only black thugs you dislike.

Islam is a religion, not a race.

A political distinction, not a racial one.

See #1, and 2, above.

Racial bigotry quite likely a sin. Messiah was subjected to it....you might check and see how He felt about it. I'd take His opinion.

What you think, say, and do are the evidences of what is in your heart. And while no man knows your heart, if you are truly asking this question, the reference book is readily available.

Notice I said PARTICIPATING IN RADICAL ISLAM, I did not say muslims. Now what is the largest race who lractices islam and radica islam? Arabs. Now yes, I'm fully aware that there are other races involved with islam, remember I lived amongst them in thier lands for a few years. I actually know quite a bit about thier way of thinking.

Whn I speak of those who came here illegaly, the largest percentage of illegals in this country are mexican, that is a race.

Remember, I'm just generalizing here not being specific as you are attempting to do.

Looking at religion for answers to my questions can and will open a whole 'nuther can o worms. My religious beliefs are not brought into this discussion by me and I'm not going to answer either way as to the validity of your answer. I grew up in a very religious setting, studied the book, took the classed, took communion and so on, Imm not ignorant on religion and I tend to keep those conversation in company of folks I know well because discussing religion can get ugly when the ones discussing it do not know each other.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's the difference between stereotyping and demographics? Isn't demographics just stereotyping but with a profit motive?
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    today any time you say anything against a bad guy / gal your a raciest
    guncontrol.jpg

besides I grew up with this role model [:D][:D][:D]
    274d1362ad17afb18f4c9fac543765de.jpg
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care much for meth head whites am I racist?

I don't like thief whites am I racist?

I don't like trashy whites am I racist?

I don't like lying whites am I racist?

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Killarys NAMBLA division head chimes in again LOL
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjrfd99
    Killarys NAMBLA division head chimes in again LOL

He knows what I was saying, he just chooses to go democrat on it.

He is the type of guy who if you say "that water sure is blue" he comes back with "it isn't blue, it is actually ........"

Is the glass half full or half empty?

Ya know, it was pretty obvious I thought what I was posting but he chooses to pick it apart because to people like him there is no simple verse, each verse must have a deeper meaning and if that deeper meaning isn't there then the verse is incorrect and must be argued.

So if I had said specificaly people of the African American race who firmly believe in the Black Lives Matters Movement while supporting the gangster mentallity promoted by African American rap and hip hop artists and actualy participate in these gang related activiteis he would then pick it apart to show flaws in my description.

However if I just say black folks then by goodness that is racism!

If I had said people of the hispanic race from the Mexican border he would have found a flaw in that too.

If I had said Middle Eastern and included the African peoples while describing the majority of radical Islam, well by God we know what would have happened there don't we!

The religious reply he made when I pointed it out he quickly reversed that on me.

He is by all terms and definitions a DEMOCRAT because that is,, how they roll!

[:D]
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    505 - " but I'm in the dark as to when that was....". Now that right there is racist. :)
    It's too late for me, save yourself.