In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GunBroker App version 3

CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
The GunBroker.com App is now available in version 3 for both iOS and Android. This version begins to add features for sellers as well as really cool FFL finder and a bar code/UPC scanner.

Comments

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Captfun I just got a new phone will install the app
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Sweet!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Yet still no adjustment for daylight savings time?? [:D][:D][8D][;)]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Yet still no adjustment for daylight savings time?? [:D][:D][8D][;)]

Maybe he is having his own protest.[8D]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still like to see a "Smart Search" feature, with complete auction search.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cannot wait until the phone version has a "quick listing" feature.....take a pic with your phone....then a few steps to post it up for sale on your profile. I don't think it would be very handy for what I do, but it would be neat to think of how easy it would be for people to post auctions using their phones.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Where do you get the version3?
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    Where do you get the version3?

Android is in the Google Play store. iOS is in the iTunes store.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did a quick search for Kasey <locust fork> and David <NUNN>, it worked like a charm.
    It would be better if you could do an advanced search within the general search and find specific auctions that meet your criteria like:

Search <NUNN> for <1911> and get a subset of Nunn's auctions that are 1911 related.

My saved searches work well too and could also be better with an advanced search feature. [;)]
    edited November -1
    Just like the website development we can only fit so much work into each revision. There is a laundry list of feature requests, when we get back from SHOT we will start prioritizing them and writing the specs for version 4.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had it for a while, but had to take it off. I was constantly running in the background and using up to much battery. Same with facebook and a few other apps. I will try to reload it and see what is does capt. I showed it to my gun buddies and they love it. Some started buying and bidding with it. By the way, I have an Iphone 5 if that helps.
    edited November -1
    Downloaded to my Galaxy5 phone looks good and handy as an app.

I cant do advanced searches like I like to do though.

I'm thinking I could do an advanced search on a computer and save it to my search list s I could access it on the app?
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    okay, it's back on. Let's see what it does to the battery.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I had it for a while, but had to take it off. I was constantly running in the background and using up to much battery. Same with facebook and a few other apps. I will try to reload it and see what is does capt. I showed it to my gun buddies and they love it. Some started buying and bidding with it. By the way, I have an Iphone 5 if that helps.

Are you sure you just didn't spend more time surfing GB and ran your battery down[:D]
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IPHONE 6PLUS can handle it.....lots of batt. time!..now go get one...!![:o)]
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oakie-
    Try double clicking on the 'home' button at the bottom of the phone, then you can turn off the apps that you don't want using up power while you are not using them.
  • the yooperthe yooper Member Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get in enough trouble with GunBroker on my computer. NO WAY am I putting it on my phone too. [;)]
    yooper
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie

That was a common complaint on the first version. I know it was on the list of things to look into, will have to ask in that meeting on Tuesday. On my Android early versions of lots of apps killed the battey. Waze was the worst on a long trip even plugged in it could not charge fast enough to keep up. It has gotten better. Coming home from Mom's at Christmas it ran all the way home and kept a full charge.
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Updated version looks good!
    Regards, MAALOX
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    6fDzVWF.jpg

just razzen ya capt, saw that while looking at other funnies
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Still won't run on Samsung Rugby; OS is too old.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOD NO! We see enough of crap like that on Ebay! Who needs crap pictures with lousy descriptions? There are enough of those auctions ALREADY!

This whole "use your phone for everything" phase needs to pass.

Merc

quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I cannot wait until the phone version has a "quick listing" feature.....take a pic with your phone....then a few steps to post it up for sale on your profile. I don't think it would be very handy for what I do, but it would be neat to think of how easy it would be for people to post auctions using their phones.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    GOD NO! We see enough of crap like that on Ebay! Who needs crap pictures with lousy descriptions? There are enough of those auctions ALREADY!

This whole "use your phone for everything" phase needs to pass.

Merc

Take away my phone you may as well just shoot me [V]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    6fDzVWF.jpg

just razzen ya capt, saw that while looking at other funnies

Unlike some sites we let you choose the mobile site, the app or the full website. It is interesting more than 50% of our traffic comes from mobile devices these days and we are working hard on a project to make it look and work better on tablets and phones. (The people that don't like change will HATE it....)
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    capt like I said I saw it while looking at something totally unrelated, and thought of you posting this thread, I have no idea the semantics behind the mobile site because I don't use it, I know you work hard on improving it

hey at least I was thinking of you [:D]