In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Heads Up-Amazon 3rd Party SCAMMERS

MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
Amazon lets 3rd parties sell on their site.

Lately a bunch of China sellers have taken over accounts of former legitimate sellers and then list way - low - too good to be true products. You the get a shipping track with an overseas typically CW number to end up at USPS. You do not see any overseas - shipper indication at the moment of purchase.

I got scammed trying to buy a Canon EOS 35mm Elan.

Ebay does not seem to have this issue.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenkam/2017/03/28/3-questions-for-amazon-shoppers-who-have-been-scammed/#24bc59366d53

Comments

• Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Guess again : Had two (2) purchases from fleabay : ended up receiving refunds from fleabay : accounts now closed : again !

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, ebay responds to fraud complaints, amazon doesn't. I was done with their "3rd party sellers" 2 years ago; too many items I got were Chicom knock-offs.

Good job, Bezos.

Neal
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is easy to pick out the scammers on Amazon. They'll have "JUST LAUNCHED" next to their name. They have figured out how to trick the system so they have a USA location in their address now, so ignore where they are from.

If it is too low of a price, and they are a new seller, avoid them. They send fake tracking numbers also.

This is a HUGE problem at Amazon right now. They are flooding the marketplace, and totally screwing the legitimate sellers, but Amazon just doesn't seem to care, for some reason.

Merc
  • acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ordered 2 shirts from Amazon.
    Got a shipping notification and my CC was billed.
    Shirts never showed up.
    Contacted Amazon and was told the seller was no longer affiliated with Amazon.
    Amazon then refunded my money.
    I knew the price on those shirts was too good to be true.