In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My Every Day Carry

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
I took my gun out of the holster and dirt fell out also. So i decided to shoot it to see if it worked. It shot fine.

My every day carry is a Ruger 380 LCP. It is getting a little rusty on the opposite side of the mag release button. It also has a little bit of rust on the slide.

I took my pocket holster out and knocked a bunch of trash out of the holster and sand. Then i took the gun apart and it was full of dirt, lint and every thing else.

I guess i will clean it every month from now on.

I carry my gun every where i go. Whether i am changing oil or fishing in the rain. That is why i like the little cheap 380. It goes bang every time and if it not pretty and has carry marks who cares.

Comments

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When carrying regularly I found that at least once a week it was important to fieldstrip the gun and clean it - oil it - wipe it down - inspect it - etc...

I would swap mags - emptying the in use mag and allowing it's spring to decompress and rest - allowing me to check the ammo...

I would do a cleaning and injection of the holster and belt at the same time...

I did this not because I was worried about any immanent failure to function or degradation of condition but for peace of mind and to maintain adherence what I was taught as far as proper care and treatment of firearms...

It's a good idea - jmho.

Mike
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    When carrying regularly I found that at least once a week it was important to fieldstrip the gun and clean it - oil it - wipe it down - inspect it - etc...

I would swap mags - emptying the in use mag and allowing it's spring to decompress and rest - allowing me to check the ammo...

I would do a cleaning and injection of the holster and belt at the same time...

I did this not because I was worried about any immanent failure to function or degradation of condition but for peace of mind and to maintain adherence what I was taught as far as proper care and treatment of firearms...

It's a good idea - jmho.

Mike

+1000
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    My daily carry has gravitated to a SS Nickle plated hidden hammer .38 special snubbie revolver (Taurus 185) with a rubber Hogue monogrip. Now backed up with a pocket carry .38 special 2 shot derringer.

I keep other stuff in the vehicle I am in, in case I need more, or I have to get home. (33mi. from work.) Backpack ready to go. Mountainous terrain and AT most of the way.

Kel-Tec Sub 2k and Glock in .40 cal. W/ multiple 31 round mags. (Or) A Kel-Tec PLR-16 W/ a Meprolight and several 30 round mags. Depends on which vehicle I am in.

Plano Sportsman's box, padlocked in the back of each.
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You only carry that Taurus cause it's shiny. Why don't you send it to me and I will apply the brown water based protective coating. And for you, no charge.[:)][}:)][xx(]