In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bone spurs

nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
i think (haven't been diagnosed because I haven't had time to get to the Dr.) bone spurs in my heel/Achilles tendon. They kill me every time I stretch my calf; feels like little needles or hot coals on my tendon.

Any home fixes?

Comments

• trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    FWIW ---Find an old deposit Coke bottle and roll your foot on it for a few minutes .
    The ribs work wonders .[;)]
  • texdottexdot Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one once,hurt like the dickens. Surgery was the only option.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Band saw and a red-hot branding iron?
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    they took care of mine with what looked like a spring loaded nail setter, it had a cup end, they numbed my feet, then used thius thing to shatter the bones, i had a few stitches on my heels for a few days
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    most of the time it isnt a bone spur, its plantar facitis or close to that.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You really need to see a podiatrist.

If it is plantar fasciitis, that condition causes a bone spur. Usually does not require surgery, but requires an X-ray to determine how bad it is. Different things work for different folks, but a shot of cortisone makes most feel better. I found a couple of inexpensive items at footsmart.com that helped: generic fiberglass arch supports that I put in my shoes, & a night splint to stretch the plantar fasciitis.

Neal
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    You really need to see a podiatrist.

If it is plantar fasciitis, that condition causes a bone spur. Usually does not require surgery, but requires an X-ray to determine how bad it is. Different things work for different folks, but a shot of cortisone makes most feel better. I found a couple of inexpensive items at footsmart.com that helped: generic fiberglass arch supports that I put in my shoes, & a night splint to stretch the plantar fasciitis.

Neal

Plantar fasciitis does not cause bone spurs
    Bone spurs VERY rarely cause pain.
    If we XRay 1000 people with heel pain and 1000 without, there is not bit of difference in the percent with spurs.

Read some actual medical literature.

CP
  • texdottexdot Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As yall know my right leg is chopped off about 8" below my knee. My bone spur was on the end of the bone on the left and when I wore my prosthesis it hurt tremendously until I had it removed. Now if I could just get rid of the phantom pains.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ain't smart enough to read medical literature. I pay my podiatrist to do that. But, I guess he must have ordered his DPM off of the Internet.

Neal